Page 24 of 28

Re: Joe's 8ft x 2.5ft x 2.2ft "In wall" tank & Fish room - W

Posted: Thu Apr 28, 2016 11:10 am
by ole
Holy cow! Just read the whole tank journal, very nice build.

It's going to look awesome when you start stocking it.

Re: Joe's 8ft x 2.5ft x 2.2ft "In wall" tank & Fish room - W

Posted: Fri Apr 29, 2016 6:07 am
by reefaddiction
ole wrote:Holy cow! Just read the whole tank journal, very nice build.

It's going to look awesome when you start stocking it.


Thanks so much.

I'm itching to get it stocked. Nothing worse than looking at a bare tank...

Re: Joe's 8ft x 2.5ft x 2.2ft "In wall" tank & Fish room - W

Posted: Fri Apr 29, 2016 10:14 am
by wayne2.0
Not many people can resist stocking without a QT on a new tank. Even when we all know better :)

I know I would roll the dice on it,

Re: Joe's 8ft x 2.5ft x 2.2ft "In wall" tank & Fish room - W

Posted: Fri Apr 29, 2016 9:20 pm
by miralami
You did everything perfect so far, don't compromise.
QT and treat your fish and never look back.

Happy Reefing Joe :)

Re: Joe's 8ft x 2.5ft x 2.2ft "In wall" tank & Fish room - W

Posted: Sun May 01, 2016 11:33 pm
by slawman
I would QT but only because I have learnt that by doing without. Such a massive PIA to bring in sick fish, particularly in a massive tank.

Re: Joe's 8ft x 2.5ft x 2.2ft "In wall" tank & Fish room - W

Posted: Thu Jun 02, 2016 2:04 pm
by swazzle
How's it all going man? You back from traveling?


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Re: Joe's 8ft x 2.5ft x 2.2ft "In wall" tank & Fish room - W

Posted: Fri Jun 03, 2016 1:16 am
by ssscuz
Yeah Joe, post up your shiney new gear and corals!!

Re: Joe's 8ft x 2.5ft x 2.2ft "In wall" tank & Fish room - W

Posted: Mon Jun 06, 2016 3:54 am
by reefaddiction
Hi All,

It's been quite a busy few months with the tank and life in general. Lots has happened tank wise since my last post.

Tank has cycled (total of 9 weeks) and I have added some fish and coral.

Current list of fish:
- Powder blue
- Blue Tang
- Yellow Tang
- Mandarin
- Bio-Colour Blenny

I've got a never ending list of things I would like to set-up in the fish room and I'm slowly chipping away at it. Current priorities are to finish off the electrical panel (mount everything), set-up the auto water changing system and get the tank parameters in check.

Plenty of photos (sorry about quality) of what I have done/bought in the last few months.

Week 4 of cycle.
Image
Image
Image
Image

Pacific Sun Kore 5th set up for ATO
Image

Geo's Reef CR818 arrived late last week along with some media... Waiting on the Eheim pump and PH probe to get it up and running
Image
Image
Image
Image
Image

Some photos of the coral and fish I have bought recently. Also some FTS of what the tank currently looks like. I know it's still early days for SPS but I wanted some pieces to try out and see how they go.
[Image
Image
Image
Image
Image
Image
Image
Image
Image

Image
Image
Image
Image
Image
Image

Gyre XF150 and MP40 QD wet sides.
Image
Image

QT Set-up for the first lot of fish. Has been taken down since as it takes up too much space and have other plans for that area.
Image

DIY Apex Break-out box - Going to use this for some float valves to monitor any unexpected water levels in the sump and skimmer.
Image
Image
Image
Image

Re: Joe's 8ft x 2.5ft x 2.2ft "In wall" tank & Fish room - W

Posted: Mon Jun 06, 2016 3:55 am
by reefaddiction
wayne2.0 wrote:Not many people can resist stocking without a QT on a new tank. Even when we all know better :)

I know I would roll the dice on it,


Thanks mate. Yep I certainly do know better but have decided to go down the path of FW dip new fish and see how it goes.

Re: Joe's 8ft x 2.5ft x 2.2ft "In wall" tank & Fish room - W

Posted: Mon Jun 06, 2016 3:58 am
by reefaddiction
slawman wrote:I would QT but only because I have learnt that by doing without. Such a massive PIA to bring in sick fish, particularly in a massive tank.


Thanks for the feedback. Yes I agree and you are right but I have gone down the path of QTing before and still ended up with Ich (probably due to my own error). I also lost some fish throughout that process which made it daunting and didn't allow me to enjoy the hobby as much.

Hopefully I've made the right decision and only time will tell :-s