Hi All,
As most of you may already know we are building our first home which is due to be completed mid to late-2015
I have been planning this new tank/fish room for around 6 months now and after shutting down my last tank I have had sooo much time to do so. This will be my second reef tank and hopefully will bring add a really nice touch to our dining/living area in our new home to be.
I have learned A LOT from my last tank and the mistakes I have made (MicroMec
) and I am hoping I can take all the experience I have gained along with some careful planning and help from fellow reefers (Tim, Nathan & Gary) to design and create a beautiful looking reef tank.The tank is still a while away from being set-up but I would love to share my plan for it and get some ideas and advise from the knowledgeable guys/gals on here. The plan is to have the fish room 'study' closed off and accessible only from the garage. The tank will be viewable from 2 sides through an alcove which will be 1100mm high off the ground along with a 600mm viewing gap.
System Objectives: A nice looking mixed reef tank which will be the feature to the Living & Dining area
System Type: Mixed Reef
Display System:
Strike up Date: Hoping around February 2016 - Actual strike up date 28/02/2016
Display Tank: 8 x 2.5 x 2.3 (Starfire front and side panel) - Built by Sam from SP Aquariums
Display Lighting: ATI LED/T5 Hybrid (1x 3ft & 1x4ft)
Stand: 2430 x 750 x 1030 mm base with an oversized top 2440 x 760. Built out of steel and powder coated.
Hood: Open top
Sump: 2300 x 600 x 450 mm with a 220 mm water height in the first section - Built by Sam from SP Aquariums
Refugium: 1000 x 600 x 200 mm - Middle section of the sump
Refugium Lighting: LED (TBC)
Support systems:
System Water: Natural Sea Water (NSW) to start and maintain with Artificial Salt Water (ASW)
Display Water circulation: 2-3 Tunze wave pumps
Return Pump: Royal Exclusiv Red Dragon 80w 8000 lph
Skimmer: Royal Exclusiv Supermarin 300 - DC controllable pump
Evaporation Top Up: Auto top up (ATO)
Chemical Support:
Calcium Addition: Randy's
Alkilinity Addition: Randy's
Other Chemical Maintenance: Will dose as required
Current Water Chemistry:
Nitrates:
Phosphates:
Alkalinity:
Calcium:
Salinity / Specific Gravity:
Magnesuim:
Images:





Thanks for reading!
