Need advice - Lighting 6x2x2
Moderators: Moderators, Mod: Equipment and DIY Discussion
-
aantreklik
- Bicentenary Reefer
- Posts: 295
- Joined: Sat Feb 04, 2006 11:18 pm
- Posts Per Page: Townsville, QLD
Need advice - Lighting 6x2x2
I am wanting to replace lighting on a 6x2x2 from a gumtree purchase. Came with 2x Mars-Aqua 300w LEDs, Looks like one of the panels isn't working properly (white spectrum lights aren't illuminating). I am conscious of doing things economically so I can't really afford to spend $2000 on lighting, but I am wanting to keep bubble tips, SPS and a few LPS over time, so would like to get something that can do all the above. Any suggestions will be much appreciated.
My QLD tank journal- http://www.masa.asn.au/phpBB3/viewtopic ... 173#662173
-
wrenfeathers
- Bicentenary Reefer
- Posts: 340
- Joined: Tue Mar 13, 2007 11:38 am
- Posts Per Page: Sydney - Hurstville area
Re: Need advice - Lighting 6x2x2
If you are wanting to keep SPS then obviously you'll need a good light.
If you want to go cheap then rig your own T5 unit. Get something off ebay and buy the globes separate. However, in the long run it will cost you the same.
I've never had one, but the illumagic blaze x LED units are supposed to be pretty good and value for money.
Do some research on those.
If you want to go cheap then rig your own T5 unit. Get something off ebay and buy the globes separate. However, in the long run it will cost you the same.
I've never had one, but the illumagic blaze x LED units are supposed to be pretty good and value for money.
Do some research on those.
Pete


-
aantreklik
- Bicentenary Reefer
- Posts: 295
- Joined: Sat Feb 04, 2006 11:18 pm
- Posts Per Page: Townsville, QLD
Re: Need advice - Lighting 6x2x2
Thanks Pete, a few people have suggested the blaze. Looks like I will have to go that way!
My QLD tank journal- http://www.masa.asn.au/phpBB3/viewtopic ... 173#662173
-
wrenfeathers
- Bicentenary Reefer
- Posts: 340
- Joined: Tue Mar 13, 2007 11:38 am
- Posts Per Page: Sydney - Hurstville area
Re: Need advice - Lighting 6x2x2
Keep us posted. I'd be interested to hear your thoughts on it.
To me, if there was one thing you shouldn't skimp on in an aquarium set up, it's the lighting.
Good luck!
To me, if there was one thing you shouldn't skimp on in an aquarium set up, it's the lighting.
Good luck!
Pete

