Hi all,
I have a Red Sea Reefer 350 (91 gallon, length 120cm, height 53cm and width 50cm ) and currently in the market for a wavemaker for a mix coral tank. Noise is an important factor and my budget is $500-$800.
Based on my research so far I am leaning towards getting the new Maxspect Gyre 300 series but not sure which one to get for my needs. https://www.thetechden.com.au/searchres ... Search=xf3
Would someone kindly enough can advise me which Maxspect to get for my tank or other recommendation instead of the Maxspect.
Thank you in advance
Recommend me a wavemaker pls
Moderators: Moderators, Mod: Equipment and DIY Discussion
-
Zoran
- Hi, I am new around here!
- Posts: 3
- Joined: Mon May 28, 2012 12:26 am
- Posts Per Page: Sydney
-
chrismelb
- Veteran Reefer
- Posts: 647
- Joined: Thu May 25, 2006 10:26 am
- Posts Per Page: Melbourne
Re: Recommend me a wavemaker pls
I can't comment on the Maxspect, as I've not had one but if it were me, I'd go for a twin model, the 9,000 would be good for LPS, softies, but if you wanted SPS, my choice would be the 20,000 as I like to keep detritus suspended in the water collum
. I use Tunze 6105 and love em, found them to be quiet, reliable, and they can move some serious water
.
Chris
.Chris
-
jayellul
- Old Sea Dog Reefer
- Posts: 2471
- Joined: Wed May 23, 2012 10:26 am
- Posts Per Page: Lake Macquarie
Re: Recommend me a wavemaker pls
I recommend Jebao of coral box. There is absolutely no need to spend huge dollars in comparison for a brand name. Dont support their marketing budget hahaha
-
Jutscher
- Centurion Reefer
- Posts: 145
- Joined: Sun Dec 07, 2014 7:14 am
- Posts Per Page: Atwell, Perth
Re: Recommend me a wavemaker pls
I have a 150 and a 250 on opposite ends of a Reefer750. The first gens deserved the panning that they got, they are a bit louder, the cable covering covering was made akin to something like paper, and on a personal note, the ph itself is difficult to clean under with my tunze care magnet. The controller was also very basic.
The second gen was worlds apart, and corrected all of the issues I listed above.
For a 4’ tank, you may get away with the 30. The 50 would be way too much on full blast, but may be alright dialled right down. In either case as Chris mentioned, go the pair if you do decide to go with the gyre, the “reverse” flow is abismal, and won’t give you a nice flow in both directions with a single.
Good luck.
The second gen was worlds apart, and corrected all of the issues I listed above.
For a 4’ tank, you may get away with the 30. The 50 would be way too much on full blast, but may be alright dialled right down. In either case as Chris mentioned, go the pair if you do decide to go with the gyre, the “reverse” flow is abismal, and won’t give you a nice flow in both directions with a single.
Good luck.