Page 1 of 1

Pest Identification

Posted: Wed Jan 16, 2019 9:43 pm
by Sheridan
Howdy!
I've returned to the hobby after a a decade or so and just started cycling my 50L nano tank yesterday. I got a few hitchhikers on the live rock (including a mantis shrimp that was way too quick for me to nab!) and would like to confirm this is an aiptaisa? I also found what I think to be a stone crab this morning, would you mind taking a quick look and let me know?

Thanks :)
https://drive.google.com/open?id=15at9H ... WC-4AAh5hG

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1cPOy- ... fTK-t-vded

Re: Pest Identification

Posted: Tue Feb 12, 2019 12:23 am
by Mudstar
Hi,

I too have just returned hobby after 10+ years and am cycling my 50L Nano. live rock goes in tomorrow :)
hopefully without the aiptaisa you have pictured there. I use a builder lime paste in a syringe to knock them over early before they spread.

good luck.
Mat

Re: Pest Identification

Posted: Mon Jun 24, 2019 10:13 am
by slawman
That is aiptasia. Kalk it.

Re: Pest Identification

Posted: Thu Jun 27, 2019 2:23 am
by Sin
slawman wrote:That is aiptasia. Kalk it.


:withyou:

I've had the most success with Kalk, some have taken the rock out and super glued them, injected them with boiling water/vinegar or used aqua kneed it.