Scionix Digital specific gravity meter

The forum to discuss the various types of equipment that is utilised to maintain a marine aquarium e.g. pumps, lights, tanks, protein skimmers etc. Also, it is for discussions on how you can do-it-yourself.

Moderators: Moderators, Mod: Equipment and DIY Discussion

Post Reply
retro
Lurking Reefer
Posts: 16
Joined: Fri May 18, 2018 3:28 am
Posts Per Page: Brisbane

Scionix Digital specific gravity meter

Post by retro »

I bought a Scionix SSG 1000 specific gravity meter 6 months ago ,worked fine for a couple of weeks and then changed for the worst and became unreliable
on numerous occasions recalibrated it with the solution provided and it continued to read 1.024 when the actual reading was 1.030, loosing quite a few Corals & invertebrates
Seeing it came with a 12 months warranty I have tried many times to contact the supplier ,only drawing blanks with every avenue followed ,they have a office in Australia and they do not want to know ,can not or do not want to help :wall: :furious:
uglyman
Old Sea Dog Reefer
Posts: 2141
Joined: Thu Dec 21, 2006 12:17 pm
Posts Per Page: Pyalong Vic

Re: Scionix Digital specific gravity meter

Post by uglyman »

That sux I was going to buy one from fish street now I think I will hold off.

Hope you get some help with it mate.
Uglyman's 4ft LED lit mixed reef

If your not prepared to be wrong, then you'll never come up with anything original.

Join the Marine Aquarium Society of Victoria today!!
Join MASOV's Facebook Page
retro
Lurking Reefer
Posts: 16
Joined: Fri May 18, 2018 3:28 am
Posts Per Page: Brisbane

Re: Scionix Digital specific gravity meter

Post by retro »

Nope , even had "Pay Pal " chasing them ,without any luck .
warranty runs out next month
Post Reply

Return to “Equipment and DIY Discussion”