Hi all,
I lost a JBJ chiller to a power surge a few years ago and it's been gathering dust since.It still chills, but it will only cycle on once, then when the temp climbs it needs to be powered off and on again to get it chilling. Wondering if anyone can help with what's wrong? I was going to replace the control unit where the buttons are, but can't find one. Is there something else I can do? Can I replace it with a generic thermostat?
Cheers!
JBJ Chiller Repair or Spares
Moderators: Moderators, Mod: Equipment and DIY Discussion
-
bradley5254
- Lurking Reefer
- Posts: 18
- Joined: Sun Dec 23, 2012 5:17 am
- Posts Per Page: Brisbane
-
fsamir
- Bicentenary Reefer
- Posts: 379
- Joined: Fri Jun 27, 2008 2:03 pm
- Posts Per Page: Palm Beach, QLD, Australia
- Contact:
Re: JBJ Chiller Repair or Spares
I have replaced the computer on mine by a STC-100 thermostat from ebay.
The STC-1000 is cheap, has a 0.1C temperature control and can also control a heater.
The upgrade is well worth, because the JBJ is the best chiller I've ever used, it is silent and very effective for its size and the only issue was the thermostat that sucked from day 1.
The installation was a bit difficult because I had to cut the hole in the existing panel, to fit the new thermostat. It also has to be done by an electrician.
The STC-1000 is cheap, has a 0.1C temperature control and can also control a heater.
The upgrade is well worth, because the JBJ is the best chiller I've ever used, it is silent and very effective for its size and the only issue was the thermostat that sucked from day 1.
The installation was a bit difficult because I had to cut the hole in the existing panel, to fit the new thermostat. It also has to be done by an electrician.