Submersible pump for Red Sea Max Nano

The purpose of this forum is to allow people to showcase their tanks, and allow other uses to ask questions on equipment, livestock, methodology etc.
Specifically for Nano and Pico Tanks with a Volume less than 100 litres.

Moderators: Moderators, Promotions, Competitions & Sponsorship, Mod: Tank Journals

Post Reply
tyrell
Hi, I am new around here!
Posts: 1
Joined: Fri Aug 31, 2018 10:28 pm
Posts Per Page: Brisbane

Submersible pump for Red Sea Max Nano

Post by tyrell »

Hi All

Apologies if this question was asked before but I can't seem to find an answer to this on the forums. I have purchased a Red Sea Max Nano. I'm keen to find out what time of submersible pumps could fit in the rear sump (as it is quite a tight fit) and create enough water pressure to clear the head height of the standard cabinet and tank. I was looking at the Eheim CompactOn 1000.

Any suggestions?

Thanks
water dragon
Hi, I am new around here!
Posts: 3
Joined: Mon Dec 11, 2017 8:27 am
Posts Per Page: Sydney, Northern Beaches

Re: Submersible pump for Red Sea Max Nano

Post by water dragon »

I've got that tank and it's a very narrow sump.

To fit my chiller I used an eheim pump externally mounted inside the cabinet. It's not ideal, but it's a lot quieter than the pump that came with it and has plenty of pressure to push water through the chiller. Please report back if you find something that fits the sump and drives enough pressure!
sparker
RTAW Veteran Reefer
Posts: 1253
Joined: Thu May 02, 2013 5:56 am
Posts Per Page: Victoria

Re: Submersible pump for Red Sea Max Nano

Post by sparker »

eheim compact is what I have on my red sea max 130, they are a tiny little pump!
Post Reply

Return to “Reef Tanks Nano/Pico (Less than 100 Litres)”