Tempted to start over

For all your fish related discussions, including identification, husbandry, ecology, biology, diseases, taxonomy, etc. If it has a backbone discuss it here.

Moderators: Moderators, Mod: Fish Discussion

Post Reply
Homeaquarium
Hi, I am new around here!
Posts: 1
Joined: Sun Sep 02, 2018 5:13 pm
Posts Per Page: Australia

Tempted to start over

Post by Homeaquarium »

Fish are dying rapidly, they have velvety skin, tiny rough looking white spots on them and they are acting very stressed.

Tank has been established for almost a year. I’ve had a terrible experience with it. White spot, black spot, 2 months of joy then introduced a butterfly (obviously due to my inexperience) which had an existing parasite which has now caused this issue. From 20 fish in my 400L I’m down to 4.

Weekly fresh water baths and copper treatment currently not seeming to work (invertebrates are out of the tank). I’m tempted to start fresh?

Any ideas would help
colg
Veteran Reefer
Posts: 640
Joined: Sat Aug 04, 2012 6:12 am
Posts Per Page: Mackay

Re: Tempted to start over

Post by colg »

Are the fish out of the tank currently (have you been putting them back after treatment)?
Post Reply

Return to “Fish: Discussion, Disease and Identification”