Chemical mixing calculations

A place to discuss water chemistry and in depth and cutting edge discussions of advanced methodologies and concepts of reef keeping.

Moderators: Moderators, Mod: Advanced Discussion

Post Reply
Fancy1
Curious Reefer
Posts: 20
Joined: Wed Mar 25, 2015 8:53 pm
Posts Per Page: Singleton

Chemical mixing calculations

Post by Fancy1 »

Hi all

I’ve just started dosing and have just installed a kamoer doser.
I am using hyclor alk and calcium but am having trouble working out how much per litre of rodi to mix and then the increase in ppm that will give me per ml.

Any mathamaticians that could help me out, all the calculations I’ve come up with don’t make sense.

Soda ash is 20g per 1000l increases alk by 10ppm

Calcium is 1000g per 50,000l increases calcium by 15ppm

Any help would be great

Thanks

Cam
colg
Veteran Reefer
Posts: 640
Joined: Sat Aug 04, 2012 6:12 am
Posts Per Page: Mackay

Re: Chemical mixing calculations

Post by colg »

Post Reply

Return to “Chemistry & Advanced Concepts Discussion”