Randy 2 part...

A place to discuss water chemistry and in depth and cutting edge discussions of advanced methodologies and concepts of reef keeping.

Moderators: Moderators, Mod: Advanced Discussion

Post Reply
Rhynobar
Curious Reefer
Posts: 31
Joined: Fri May 12, 2017 5:58 am
Posts Per Page: South Sydney

Randy 2 part...

Post by Rhynobar »

Hi , I am starting to dose the #1 recipe and just have a question about starting out.
Have a 275ltr system and the calcium is very low 260ppm alk is 10dka.
Was wondering do I just raise calcium alone with calcium additive or should I be dosing both parts.

I have put an initial 20ml of calcium in and it seems to have raised alk.
Does this sound right ?
Any help appreciated.
Rhyno.

Sent from my SM-A310F using Tapatalk
saltydog
Old Sea Dog Reefer
Posts: 2618
Joined: Sat Jul 16, 2005 2:50 pm
Posts Per Page: sydney

Re: Randy 2 part...

Post by saltydog »

Rhynobar wrote:Was wondering do I just raise calcium alone with calcium additive or should I be dosing both parts.

Yes, just add calcium till it's in your target range.
Rhynobar wrote:I have put an initial 20ml of calcium in and it seems to have raised alk.
Does this sound right ?

No, not right. If you haven't added any alk supplement and it has gone up it was likely a testing error, either on the first or second test.

Chris
DTSTTCPW
555combo
Bicentenary Reefer
Posts: 457
Joined: Wed Apr 06, 2011 11:43 am
Posts Per Page: Manly, QLD.

Re: Randy 2 part...

Post by 555combo »

What ingredients have you used to create your 2 part solutions? Might be something in there that can help us ID any issues.
Cheers,
Aaron.

*******************************************
4x2x1.5 Mixed Reef
AquaNano 40 Tank Journal - Now Shutdown
SantaMonica
Centurion Reefer
Posts: 108
Joined: Mon Jun 15, 2015 4:32 pm
Posts Per Page: Santa Monica, California, USA

Re: Randy 2 part...

Post by SantaMonica »

Correct; dosing alk should only affect alk, not calc. And vise versa.
Post Reply

Return to “Chemistry & Advanced Concepts Discussion”