Well it's been a while since I've been able to get a reef tank going and am now I'm in one place long enough to start back up.
This system was the. combination of a Pleco breeding setup and a segmented ex-display setup from a LFS.
So the main display is a 6 footer 1820w x 620d x 400h with one overflow box in the corner. The 3 tier system(the engine room): top tank(refugium) is 1000w x 600d x 250h mid tank is the same and the sump is 1000w x 600d x 350h. Total volume around 800L.
Lighting: (perm power)currently running 3x15w full spectrum E27 fitting Led bulbs on goose necks. Safe to say I'm highly disappointed with the results as they don't give a good white light that I am after. eBay option. I will be looking for 2 replacements for the main tank. They will be fine for the fuge.
Main heater: A 1500w pond heater with dual stainless heating elements (750w or 1500w) with digital thermostat.
Main pump: is a Eco 9000lh that uses 30w (perm power)
Skimmer:none at this stage w and will attempt to not get one with the high expectations of the fuge.
Tap Water filter: none at this stage. A Ro/Di unit will be a must.
Tank filter: all located in the divided sump. The main filtration is a whole heap of live/dead rock. There is no media.
Auto top off: marine color autotopoff. Fed from a 44 gallon blue plastic drum that used to have clay glue in it. Hah clag.
The display tank has a closed loop with 2 outlets directed at the 2 pieces of rock.
Something interesting: the main recirc pump and the lights are all powered by a stand alone solar system. So no chance of a power failure. This system has been working without incident for 4 months now. As I add to the solar system I will add components to the solar system. My next thing to add to the system is the heater as it is quite thirsty on power and it would be cool to never worry about power failures.
Water: a combination of collected water from the coorong from recent fishing trips and mixed. No water mixing station yet.
With my location being in western Victoria and 3 hours from Melbourne or 2.5 hours to the nearest coast I have no stock! To be recitified asap!
Anyway, pics!



