New girl's 90L nano

The purpose of this forum is to allow people to showcase their tanks, and allow other uses to ask questions on equipment, livestock, methodology etc.
Specifically for Nano and Pico Tanks with a Volume less than 100 litres.

Moderators: Moderators, Promotions, Competitions & Sponsorship, Mod: Tank Journals

Post Reply
tina.ferrari
Centurion Reefer
Posts: 143
Joined: Mon Oct 17, 2016 7:13 am
Posts Per Page: Melbourne

New girl's 90L nano

Post by tina.ferrari »

Hiii all :)

My names Tina and I'm fairly new to this stuff. I have always wanted a marine tank for as long as I can remember. I thought we can all agree, they are absolutely stunning. I have had fish tanks in the past but I wouldn't call myself an absolute "expert". I held off on the marine tank till I'd learn more. 5 months ago, my partner bought me a nano reef as a present. Aside from a hair algae bloom, everything was going great till my tank cracked a couple of days ago :furious:
Luckily my LFS stayed open for me till i could get there. Ended up getting an aquaOne 90L nano reef.
I joined this forum to improve my knowledge base as i still need and want to learn more :) and i have sooo many questions!

I wont write up tank and equipment specifics just now.

Stock:

2 very small clowns
1 coral banded shrimp
1 stromb snail
1 trochus snail

Just saw a clam that must of hitchiked on the live rock. Still yet to identify.

Just live rock in there for now. Will add some corals when i can. Again, i need to learn more.

Looking forward to becoming an expert in this hobby ;) :P
Cheers :)

(Will add a couple of photos)
tina.ferrari
Centurion Reefer
Posts: 143
Joined: Mon Oct 17, 2016 7:13 am
Posts Per Page: Melbourne

Re: New girl's 90L nano

Post by tina.ferrari »

(Using this as my personal journal so I can keep ttack on things). Noticed a couple of aeptasia in the tank. Thinking about putting a peppermint shrimp but may be difficult because of the coral banded shrimp. Will as LFS when I can get there. Skimmer not producing much skimmat even though neck in collection cup is dirty. Skimmer works differently after I clean it even though i dont touch adjustments. Bubbles heavily die down. Started producing less skimmate after first rinse of collection cup.
tina.ferrari
Centurion Reefer
Posts: 143
Joined: Mon Oct 17, 2016 7:13 am
Posts Per Page: Melbourne

Re: New girl's 90L nano

Post by tina.ferrari »

Cleaned the filter sock out a couple of days ago. Noticed a white starfish about a week ago.

Steph added a royal dottyback today
tina.ferrari
Centurion Reefer
Posts: 143
Joined: Mon Oct 17, 2016 7:13 am
Posts Per Page: Melbourne

Re: New girl's 90L nano

Post by tina.ferrari »

Noticed one of the aptasia gone a couple of days ago, also noticed today the other aptasia is gone. None that are currently visible.
Matt1961
Veteran Reefer
Posts: 815
Joined: Sat Feb 22, 2014 6:52 am
Posts Per Page: Brisbane

Re: New girl's 90L nano

Post by Matt1961 »

Time for some pictures Tina :)
tina.ferrari
Centurion Reefer
Posts: 143
Joined: Mon Oct 17, 2016 7:13 am
Posts Per Page: Melbourne

Re: New girl's 90L nano

Post by tina.ferrari »

How do i add pics lol. i can't figure it out :dead:

http://s1250.photobucket.com/user/tinaf ... sort=3&o=4Image
555combo
Bicentenary Reefer
Posts: 457
Joined: Wed Apr 06, 2011 11:43 am
Posts Per Page: Manly, QLD.

Re: New girl's 90L nano

Post by 555combo »

Hi Tina, if you go to your photobucket picture and copy the img location by clicking in the box:
Image

Than paste it in and it should look something like this:

Code: Select all

[URL=http://s1250.photobucket.com/user/tinaferrari/media/Mobile%20Uploads/Resized_20161027_132714_zpsdzf6sabm.jpeg.html][IMG]http://i1250.photobucket.com/albums/hh525/tinaferrari/Mobile%20Uploads/Resized_20161027_132714_zpsdzf6sabm.jpeg[/IMG][/URL]


Then just paste each picture on a new line and you'll be away.

Sent from my E6533 using Tapatalk
Cheers,
Aaron.

*******************************************
4x2x1.5 Mixed Reef
AquaNano 40 Tank Journal - Now Shutdown
tina.ferrari
Centurion Reefer
Posts: 143
Joined: Mon Oct 17, 2016 7:13 am
Posts Per Page: Melbourne

Re: New girl's 90L nano

Post by tina.ferrari »

Got a sea urchin today. Looks like a purple urchin? To help with algae on glass. No other issues in tank
tina.ferrari
Centurion Reefer
Posts: 143
Joined: Mon Oct 17, 2016 7:13 am
Posts Per Page: Melbourne

Re: New girl's 90L nano

Post by tina.ferrari »

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image
tina.ferrari
Centurion Reefer
Posts: 143
Joined: Mon Oct 17, 2016 7:13 am
Posts Per Page: Melbourne

Re: New girl's 90L nano

Post by tina.ferrari »

Couple of photos up. Finally. Thanks 555combo :)
Post Reply

Return to “Reef Tanks Nano/Pico (Less than 100 Litres)”