Any iphone apps that improve photo quality?

This forum is for the discussion relating to all aspects of diving, collect and photography of marine related subjects. You can discuss equipment, software, or just display your photographs for critique.

Moderators: Moderators, Promotions, Competitions & Sponsorship, Mod: Photography Forum

Post Reply
matts20891
Bicentenary Reefer
Posts: 474
Joined: Tue May 21, 2013 9:43 pm
Posts Per Page: Central West, NSW

Any iphone apps that improve photo quality?

Post by matts20891 »

Other than my phone, I don't own a camera. If I had one I wouldn't use it except to take photo's of my tank so at this stage to me it's not worth it. My photography knowledge extends to press a button to take a photo, so if the trusty old iphone simply doesn't have the hardware required to take a good photo please feel free to point that out :)

I could spare a few dollars on an app if it makes a difference though - so is anybody using an iphone app to take photos of their tank? My main annoyance is the way blue LEDs in particular screw around with the lighting ordinary photos..

A quick google search isn't coming up with much recent information, so I thought I would throw the question out there to see what(if) people are using on a phone that helps
colg
Veteran Reefer
Posts: 640
Joined: Sat Aug 04, 2012 6:12 am
Posts Per Page: Mackay

Re: Any iphone apps that improve photo quality?

Post by colg »

Yep, I have an iPhone and it always comes out way to blue washing out detail. gf's Samsung takes way more natural picks.
If you have a cover on your phone try taking it off ( makes images 100% better for me). I have tried a few apps with not much success.
Do you have access to a PC? There are several free programmes that are worth a try. If not only for image resizing in high quality. Have a mess around with irfanview if you haven't already.

Col
matts20891
Bicentenary Reefer
Posts: 474
Joined: Tue May 21, 2013 9:43 pm
Posts Per Page: Central West, NSW

Re: Any iphone apps that improve photo quality?

Post by matts20891 »

Thanks Col

No cover on the phone but will definitely check that program out
Tomo93
Hi, I am new around here!
Posts: 1
Joined: Wed Feb 17, 2016 8:39 pm
Posts Per Page: Sydney

Re: Any iphone apps that improve photo quality?

Post by Tomo93 »

Use the transfer filter to take the photo! I relised it today gets it perfect and no need to download any apps!
Post Reply

Return to “Diving, Collection and Photography Forum”