Cleaner shrimp, peppermint shrimp , blood shrimp

This forum is for the discussion relating to all aspects of diving, collect and photography of marine related subjects. You can discuss equipment, software, or just display your photographs for critique.

Moderators: Moderators, Promotions, Competitions & Sponsorship, Mod: Photography Forum

Post Reply
Callumkscott
Lurking Reefer
Posts: 18
Joined: Sun May 22, 2016 9:52 pm
Posts Per Page: Sunshine Coast

Cleaner shrimp, peppermint shrimp , blood shrimp

Post by Callumkscott »

Hi Guys, I was looking for some information on ID'ing some shrimp.

I've been out the past week looking at my local surf beach and rock pools for some peppermint shrimp to add to a future aquarium,
I seem to have come across a large amount of shrimp similar in colour and size to peppermint but they all have white claws and was wondering if these are reef safe and if anyone knows exactly what they would be .
Thanks
Callum
Remember there's More than one way to skin a cat
bimborocks
RTAW Veteran Reefer
Posts: 1034
Joined: Thu Feb 26, 2004 8:54 am
Posts Per Page: Newcastle, NSW

Re: Cleaner shrimp, peppermint shrimp , blood shrimp

Post by bimborocks »

Look up white glove shrimp. I have had some in a previous tank and they where fine with soft coral and LPS - you would have to check the regs relating to bait/aquarium collecting though.
Post Reply

Return to “Diving, Collection and Photography Forum”