Fauna Marin Reference Liquid

A place to discuss water chemistry and in depth and cutting edge discussions of advanced methodologies and concepts of reef keeping.

Moderators: Moderators, Mod: Advanced Discussion

Post Reply
Batts
Centurion Reefer
Posts: 120
Joined: Sun Oct 19, 2014 10:36 am
Posts Per Page: Sydney

Fauna Marin Reference Liquid

Post by Batts »

Hi guys, I was wondering if any of you has tried the fauna Marin multi reference liquid and had good results?

How I ended up with this is, earlier this week I tested my freshly mixed redsea salt saltwater and alk & mag were spot on as advertised on the bucket but had a low reading on the calcium ie 375.
This put me in doubt that my salifert test kit could be inaccurate as I was almost at the end of the bottle.
My LFS suggested I get this reference liquid to test my test kit. I tested with the same salifert test kit n I got reading of 390 where it should have been 422 as per what the reference bottle say...

Today I bought redsea calcium pro test kit (I needed a new one anyway) to test the reference liquid, I got a reading of 380..

Now confused which one to believe? Can the reference liquid be off in calcium only?

Tested the mag & alk of the reference liquid and they seem to be close enough.
chromus
I Was Around When Noah Was a Reefer
Posts: 19409
Joined: Wed Sep 16, 2009 11:09 am
Posts Per Page: Atwell, Perth, WA
Contact:

Re: Fauna Marin Reference Liquid

Post by chromus »

Sounds like your technique with the kit isn't quite right or the kit is out of date.
Did you search RTAW Reefpedia B4 asking your question?

My Tank Journals
8x3x2.5 With Webcam
Tank Monitor (Work in Progress)
My reefs power consumption is offset with solar power
Post Reply

Return to “Chemistry & Advanced Concepts Discussion”