I have no idea about the latest ones and it seems every shop assistant you talk too has a different idea and are only interested in there you beaut features
I’m just after a Led with a great picture for sport and movies (on tv et) around 50-55” price range to around $1400
No internet smart etc stuff needed
If anyone has some knowledge to help me be great thanks
value for money i'de go with hisense. I have a 55" hd that i picked up at last years (jan 14) jb christmas sales for 850 and more than happy with it, or if money is tight try soniq (cheap as) have had one for 6 years in the bedroom no probs. on sale in jb $800 for 55"
go and have a look and ask them to put it on a channel with sport so you can see what the picture is like, my nearest store has about 30 on display so you can get a good idea of picture quality
Ewwww Hisense and Soniq are just cheap, paying that bit more for LG or Samsung gets a massive amount better quality, faster processor and as a result significantly better features and picture quality.
The bottom end sets are built down to a price, rather than upto a standard.
As said the cheaper ones cheap out on processor power and tuner quality. Being a home automation specialist for the last 14 years I'd recommend Samsung closely followed by LG. however 99% of jobs were Samsung where I only ever had one issue which was a faulty sound card that Samsung came out to fix asap. The older Samys had a very annoying guide load time but that's been long fixed. But check if your buying a old model. Sound quality also won't be a issue if ur running through a receiver. Hard to compare tvs when they are manipulated in the shops to show the best picture they can given the content they are playing. All the best with it and you'll be happy with either brand in that price range.
seems a couple of brands samsung / lg are sticking out but border line on money I have to spend
I seen these advertised around my price range the hisense looks ok being a uhd thoughts?? and a tcl One thing I have noticed the mone non known brands come with a 3 year warranty opposed to only 1 year to the big names