
Harlequin Shrimp breeding
Moderators: Moderators, Mod: Propagation & Breeding
-
hsiehlung
- Centurion Reefer
- Posts: 130
- Joined: Fri May 23, 2008 2:58 am
- Posts Per Page: East Perth WA
Harlequin Shrimp breeding
Well yesterday i was lucky enough to watch my shrimps molt after i noticed they left their starfish. This morning i decided to see if they did any dirty business last night and found out my female is berried! Top 2 photo shows the difference when i first got compared now that she is berried


-
n0rk
- Too Much Time On My Hands Reefer
- Posts: 7821
- Joined: Mon Feb 23, 2009 12:12 pm
- Posts Per Page: An island smaller than the one I was on
Re: Harlequin Shrimp breeding
That's awesome, hopefully you'll have success
I know Graham (gpsmart) had reasonable success with them a few years back, a few of the MASWA guys might be able to shed some light on it all for you.
BENJAMIN ::: If at first the idea is not absurd, then there is no hope for it.
IF YOU CAN READ THIS, YOU ARE LOOKING FAR TOO CLOSELY. I FEEL VIOLATED.
IF YOU CAN READ THIS, YOU ARE LOOKING FAR TOO CLOSELY. I FEEL VIOLATED.
-
Stormtrooper
- Old Sea Dog Reefer
- Posts: 3200
- Joined: Tue Jul 25, 2006 1:24 am
- Posts Per Page: South Perth
Re: Harlequin Shrimp breeding
I supplied Graham with the pair and after 3 successful spawnings and gathering the broodstock he ended up
With 1 that settled and grew to maturity.
It was incredibly difficult due to the fact that they are free swimming for about 40 days (if I recall correctly)
before they want to munch on a starfish and water conditions must be optimal whilst not starving them.
Good luck-you will need it.
Dave
With 1 that settled and grew to maturity.
It was incredibly difficult due to the fact that they are free swimming for about 40 days (if I recall correctly)
before they want to munch on a starfish and water conditions must be optimal whilst not starving them.
Good luck-you will need it.
Dave
MASWA PRESIDENT
-
hsiehlung
- Centurion Reefer
- Posts: 130
- Joined: Fri May 23, 2008 2:58 am
- Posts Per Page: East Perth WA
Re: Harlequin Shrimp breeding
[youtube]GXCEzwWshaY[/youtube]
-
Sailfin
- RTAW Veteran Reefer
- Posts: 1954
- Joined: Sun Feb 19, 2006 4:14 am
- Posts Per Page: Sydney N.S.W.
-
Stormtrooper
- Old Sea Dog Reefer
- Posts: 3200
- Joined: Tue Jul 25, 2006 1:24 am
- Posts Per Page: South Perth
