Aquanano 40 "reef"

The purpose of this forum is to allow people to showcase their tanks, and allow other uses to ask questions on equipment, livestock, methodology etc.
Specifically for Nano and Pico Tanks with a Volume less than 100 litres.

Moderators: Moderators, Promotions, Competitions & Sponsorship, Mod: Tank Journals

spunkybob
RTAW Reefer
Posts: 51
Joined: Fri May 17, 2013 1:06 am
Posts Per Page: Kariong, NSW, Australia

Aquanano 40 "reef"

Post by spunkybob »

Hi all,

I had been running a 4x2x2 for the last few years but have decided to drop down to a nano tank. I loved having the large system but it was fighting with my family for my time so it got neglected. (Tank in the FS section)
I picked up an Aqua Nano 40 and filled it up with NSW and live rock from my big tank.

It was been running for a month now and it is going really well.
Below is how it currently stands.

Fish:
Ocellaris Pair
Lawnmower Blenny

Inverts:
Coral Banded Shrimp
2x Decorator Urchins (moved to sump becasue they kill my Zoa's)
Tiger Sand Conch

Equipment:
AquaIllumination Prime light
Jebao RW-4

Image
Last edited by spunkybob on Thu Dec 03, 2015 12:42 am, edited 2 times in total.
spunkybob
RTAW Reefer
Posts: 51
Joined: Fri May 17, 2013 1:06 am
Posts Per Page: Kariong, NSW, Australia

Re: Aquaone nano 40 "reef"

Post by spunkybob »

Edit: no longer relevant :-)
Last edited by spunkybob on Sat Nov 07, 2015 10:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
555combo
Bicentenary Reefer
Posts: 457
Joined: Wed Apr 06, 2011 11:43 am
Posts Per Page: Manly, QLD.

Re: Aquaone nano 40 "reef"

Post by 555combo »

I use a Jebao WP-10 in mine and it works well.

The stock light worked fine for me, for a while, then I upgraded.
Cheers,
Aaron.

*******************************************
4x2x1.5 Mixed Reef
AquaNano 40 Tank Journal - Now Shutdown
spunkybob
RTAW Reefer
Posts: 51
Joined: Fri May 17, 2013 1:06 am
Posts Per Page: Kariong, NSW, Australia

Re: Aquaone nano 40 "reef"

Post by spunkybob »

555combo wrote:I use a Jebao WP-10 in mine and it works well.

The stock light worked fine for me, for a while, then I upgraded.


Sounds good, I thin the wr4 is the new version.
I'm looking to make an "overflow" attachment like you have in your tank. In your journal it says you attached with magnets? Can you send me more derailed photos of it?
555combo
Bicentenary Reefer
Posts: 457
Joined: Wed Apr 06, 2011 11:43 am
Posts Per Page: Manly, QLD.

Re: Aquaone nano 40 "reef"

Post by 555combo »

I think the RW8 and the WP10 are similar - the RW4 is a bit smaller I think.

Hope this helps:

Image

The magnets are: http://www.guppysaquariumproducts.com.a ... nders.html

One is stuck with super glue, to the inside of the overflow. The other sits on the back of the slots in the built in panel. This allows it to be adjustable.
Cheers,
Aaron.

*******************************************
4x2x1.5 Mixed Reef
AquaNano 40 Tank Journal - Now Shutdown
spunkybob
RTAW Reefer
Posts: 51
Joined: Fri May 17, 2013 1:06 am
Posts Per Page: Kariong, NSW, Australia

Re: Aquaone nano 40 "reef"

Post by spunkybob »

Awesome thanks, so it looks like its not a perfect seal but it doesnt really matter so long as the top skims.

I'll see what I can do, I have some black perspex at home somewhere.
555combo
Bicentenary Reefer
Posts: 457
Joined: Wed Apr 06, 2011 11:43 am
Posts Per Page: Manly, QLD.

Re: Aquaone nano 40 "reef"

Post by 555combo »

No it's not a perfect seal. And I can hear the perspex/acrylic guys yelling at their screens, but it was my first attempt and has worked well. I keep telling myself I'll make a new one, one day.....

While I was using the stock 400lph pump, I split some airline and put it on the edges for a better seal. But after upgrading to the 800lph Tunze it's been fine.
spunkybob
RTAW Reefer
Posts: 51
Joined: Fri May 17, 2013 1:06 am
Posts Per Page: Kariong, NSW, Australia

Re: Aquaone nano 40 "reef"

Post by spunkybob »

Do you have your pump up near the outlet or down the bottom with tube running up?
555combo
Bicentenary Reefer
Posts: 457
Joined: Wed Apr 06, 2011 11:43 am
Posts Per Page: Manly, QLD.

Re: Aquaone nano 40 "reef"

Post by 555combo »

Pump sits at the bottom with hose up to the outlet then out through a LocLine 'Y' to some duckbills to allow for better circulation control.

It also means that I can use the stock pump above the return to run the GFO reactor.
spunkybob
RTAW Reefer
Posts: 51
Joined: Fri May 17, 2013 1:06 am
Posts Per Page: Kariong, NSW, Australia

Re: Aquaone nano 40 "reef"

Post by spunkybob »

Quick update on my tank.
I have added an aqua illumination Prime light and the jabeo RW4 power head.

The light is amazing, and the power head is perfect for my tank. I run it at half power on wave mode due to more power blowing the sand around.

It's all working and looking great!

Current stock.
2x clowns
1x citrus goby
1x lawnmower blenny.
2x decorator urchins.
1x coral banded shrimp.

A few ZOA colonies, one elegance coral and something else but .not sure what they are (grew out of the live rock)

Image
Last edited by spunkybob on Mon Aug 17, 2015 7:43 am, edited 3 times in total.
Post Reply

Return to “Reef Tanks Nano/Pico (Less than 100 Litres)”