Hy Clor (Lanthanum Chloride)
Moderators: Moderators, Mod: Advanced Discussion
-
Damo
- Old Sea Dog Reefer
- Posts: 2870
- Joined: Sun Jun 01, 2003 11:32 am
- Posts Per Page: Australia
Hy Clor (Lanthanum Chloride)
I have read some comments from people using Hy Clor brand of Lanthanum Chloride
I purchased a bottle, but am concerned with the colour. The liquid is blue, not clear as expected
Hy Clor's MSDS even states "Clear to grey liquid" http://www.hyclor.com.au/pdfs/Products/Manuals/MSDS%20Phosphate%20Remover.pdf
Any one have any information regarding this?
I purchased a bottle, but am concerned with the colour. The liquid is blue, not clear as expected
Hy Clor's MSDS even states "Clear to grey liquid" http://www.hyclor.com.au/pdfs/Products/Manuals/MSDS%20Phosphate%20Remover.pdf
Any one have any information regarding this?
-
chromus
- I Was Around When Noah Was a Reefer
- Posts: 19409
- Joined: Wed Sep 16, 2009 11:09 am
- Posts Per Page: Atwell, Perth, WA
- Contact:
Re: Hy Clor (Lanthanum Chloride)
The dye is allegedly just a dye, but I wouldn't risk it, there was a thread previously which discussed this, couldn't find it from my phone
Did you search RTAW Reefpedia B4 asking your question?
My Tank Journals
8x3x2.5 With Webcam
Tank Monitor (Work in Progress)
My reefs power consumption is offset with solar power
My Tank Journals
8x3x2.5 With Webcam
Tank Monitor (Work in Progress)
My reefs power consumption is offset with solar power
-
Downu
- RTAW Veteran Reefer
- Posts: 1812
- Joined: Sat Oct 29, 2011 7:30 am
- Posts Per Page: Bentleigh East Melbourne
Re: Hy Clor (Lanthanum Chloride)
I have been using Hi Chlor & its not blue. A little cloudy, but not blue. Have a look in Masters pool section Cant remember the name of the stuff but is Lathium salts. works well.
No dear that fish has been in there for ages.
I blame the power consumption on the teenager.
Time flies when you hit the snooze button.
I blame the power consumption on the teenager.
Time flies when you hit the snooze button.
-
Downu
- RTAW Veteran Reefer
- Posts: 1812
- Joined: Sat Oct 29, 2011 7:30 am
- Posts Per Page: Bentleigh East Melbourne
Re: Hy Clor (Lanthanum Chloride)
I have been using Hi Chlor & its not blue. A little cloudy, but not blue. Have a look in Masters pool section Cant remember the name of the stuff but is Lathium salts. works well.
No dear that fish has been in there for ages.
I blame the power consumption on the teenager.
Time flies when you hit the snooze button.
I blame the power consumption on the teenager.
Time flies when you hit the snooze button.
-
Damo
- Old Sea Dog Reefer
- Posts: 2870
- Joined: Sun Jun 01, 2003 11:32 am
- Posts Per Page: Australia
Re: Hy Clor (Lanthanum Chloride)
Thanks for the replies.
The bottle is able correctly, and as picture on their website. Ingredient Lanthanum Chloride.
According to Chromis's post, may be they die some or have made some changes.
But according Downu, I'm wondering if its a labelling error, a possibly a clarifier, like their Polydiallyldimethylammonium chloride which looks the same blue colour.
I ditched it all the same, however this seems to be the only product of Lanthanum Chloride Bunnings have here, so I'm not sure if I should try another bottle.... or search for some other option
The bottle is able correctly, and as picture on their website. Ingredient Lanthanum Chloride.
According to Chromis's post, may be they die some or have made some changes.
But according Downu, I'm wondering if its a labelling error, a possibly a clarifier, like their Polydiallyldimethylammonium chloride which looks the same blue colour.
I ditched it all the same, however this seems to be the only product of Lanthanum Chloride Bunnings have here, so I'm not sure if I should try another bottle.... or search for some other option
-
chromus
- I Was Around When Noah Was a Reefer
- Posts: 19409
- Joined: Wed Sep 16, 2009 11:09 am
- Posts Per Page: Atwell, Perth, WA
- Contact:
Re: Hy Clor (Lanthanum Chloride)
I use the Masters stuff, No dye, and I dilute it 20:1
Did you search RTAW Reefpedia B4 asking your question?
My Tank Journals
8x3x2.5 With Webcam
Tank Monitor (Work in Progress)
My reefs power consumption is offset with solar power
My Tank Journals
8x3x2.5 With Webcam
Tank Monitor (Work in Progress)
My reefs power consumption is offset with solar power
-
Damo
- Old Sea Dog Reefer
- Posts: 2870
- Joined: Sun Jun 01, 2003 11:32 am
- Posts Per Page: Australia
Re: Hy Clor (Lanthanum Chloride)
Do Bunnings sell Masters chromus?
The HyClor product was labeled 150g/L, I did the sums and come up with a diluted to 10 parts RO1 + 1 part product , giving me 0.01ppm PO4 reduction for 1ml dose for my 500L system volume.
But due to my reactor volume, and dosing pump accuracy, I was going to dilute this by 50%. So similar dilution to what your using.
The HyClor product was labeled 150g/L, I did the sums and come up with a diluted to 10 parts RO1 + 1 part product , giving me 0.01ppm PO4 reduction for 1ml dose for my 500L system volume.
But due to my reactor volume, and dosing pump accuracy, I was going to dilute this by 50%. So similar dilution to what your using.
-
chromus
- I Was Around When Noah Was a Reefer
- Posts: 19409
- Joined: Wed Sep 16, 2009 11:09 am
- Posts Per Page: Atwell, Perth, WA
- Contact:
Re: Hy Clor (Lanthanum Chloride)
Masters is the Woolies rival of Wesfarmers Bunnings stores
Did you search RTAW Reefpedia B4 asking your question?
My Tank Journals
8x3x2.5 With Webcam
Tank Monitor (Work in Progress)
My reefs power consumption is offset with solar power
My Tank Journals
8x3x2.5 With Webcam
Tank Monitor (Work in Progress)
My reefs power consumption is offset with solar power
-
Damo
- Old Sea Dog Reefer
- Posts: 2870
- Joined: Sun Jun 01, 2003 11:32 am
- Posts Per Page: Australia
Re: Hy Clor (Lanthanum Chloride)
Ah ok, unlikely I will find it here then, unless Woolies or Big W stock it?
-
chromus
- I Was Around When Noah Was a Reefer
- Posts: 19409
- Joined: Wed Sep 16, 2009 11:09 am
- Posts Per Page: Atwell, Perth, WA
- Contact:
Re: Hy Clor (Lanthanum Chloride)
Masters have online shopping too
Did you search RTAW Reefpedia B4 asking your question?
My Tank Journals
8x3x2.5 With Webcam
Tank Monitor (Work in Progress)
My reefs power consumption is offset with solar power
My Tank Journals
8x3x2.5 With Webcam
Tank Monitor (Work in Progress)
My reefs power consumption is offset with solar power