Caloundra

This forum is for the discussion relating to all aspects of diving, collect and photography of marine related subjects. You can discuss equipment, software, or just display your photographs for critique.

Moderators: Moderators, Promotions, Competitions & Sponsorship, Mod: Photography Forum

Post Reply
Talmier
RTAW Reefer
Posts: 72
Joined: Wed Mar 23, 2011 7:10 am
Posts Per Page: Brisbane

Caloundra

Post by Talmier »

Hi All

I was up at King's beach today with the family

I was really surprised at the amount of Blennie's and Damsels in the rock pools

What really surprised me was the size of what looked like a Warasse (green and red in colour)

Unfortunately I didn't get any photos but was shocked by the amount of moving shells there were

Has anyone tried these Hermits in their tanks

If so did they attack Coral ?

What species are they?

Are they legal to collect?

Thanks all
jaspass
Starting to get the hang of this place
Posts: 5
Joined: Tue Jan 21, 2014 8:49 am
Posts Per Page: Brisbane

Re: Caloundra

Post by jaspass »

I have a hermit crab that I collected from the southport seaway, its pretty cool wanders all over pecking and eating what ever it can find, but he knocks off anything that is loose. Other wise it doesn't damage the corals
Post Reply

Return to “Diving, Collection and Photography Forum”