The Rack

The purpose of this forum is to allow people to showcase their tanks, and allow other uses to ask questions on equipment, livestock, methodology etc.
Specifically for Diverse Tanks (Cubes, Squares, Triangular) (Fish Only with Live Rock, Predator Tanks, Temperate Tanks) (non-photosynthetic tanks, Marine Plant/Algae Tanks, Greenhouse Tanks)

Moderators: Moderators, Promotions, Competitions & Sponsorship, Mod: Tank Journals

Choppa
RTAW Veteran Reefer
Posts: 1186
Joined: Sun Jan 23, 2011 5:32 am
Posts Per Page: Perth WA

The Rack

Post by Choppa »

Introduction: Howdy :wavey:
System Objectives: Emm, not sure but something different - I want to keep some species only tanks but have them as one system.
System Type: , SPS, Mixed Reef, Non photosythetic Corals, mantis tank, seahorses and a nem tank - a bit of everything
Display System: a multi tank system - my old trigon 350 for a sump - a nem tank, a new 8x2.5x2 lps tank; and a new 6x2.5×2.5 sps tank plus a frag tank somewhere too

Display Lighting: natural sunlight with leds using existing Aquarays & DIY stuff plus a hybrid mh/t5/led

Stand: pallet rack

Hood:  insulated enclosure - still to build

Sump: my trigon plus 6' frag tank

Refugium Lighting: more leds
 
Support systems:

System Water: NSW

Display Water circulation: mix of various pumps

Skimmer: reef hurricane 1500, plus an algae scrubber

Evaporation Top Up:gravity fed auto topup

Chemical Support: dosing 2 part

Images:
New tanks to go where the budgie is :)
Image
Tank stand (shelves)
Image
Tank pics to follow - as soon as I can pick them up
chop
Last edited by Choppa on Sat Nov 22, 2014 12:38 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Hasten Slowly
Dear old dad
Choppa
RTAW Veteran Reefer
Posts: 1186
Joined: Sun Jan 23, 2011 5:32 am
Posts Per Page: Perth WA

Re: Chop's Outdoor Upgrade

Post by Choppa »

So here are the 2 new tanks I'm getting from a shut down

8x2.5x2
Image

6x2.5x2.5
Image

Plus my old tank 4x2.5x2 cnr tank
Image

I'm thinking of a 3 shelf system with a large ats and refugium on top then the 8' tank with a 2' frag tank next to it. Below that the 6' plus my 4' then a sump dug into the ground a bit so as to have the 2 display shelves at better viewing levels. All enclosed in a fridge pannel box to stabilize the outside temp fluctuations.

Chop
Hasten Slowly
Dear old dad
biglil_blue
Bicentenary Reefer
Posts: 457
Joined: Thu Jan 13, 2011 12:38 pm
Posts Per Page: Murray Bridge, SA

Re: Chop's Outdoor System

Post by biglil_blue »

Sound interesting. I assume you will run automatic top up system & I hope you have plenty of free time to look after it all
Choppa
RTAW Veteran Reefer
Posts: 1186
Joined: Sun Jan 23, 2011 5:32 am
Posts Per Page: Perth WA

Re: Chop's Outdoor System

Post by Choppa »

biglil_blue wrote:Sound interesting. I assume you will run automatic top up system & I hope you have plenty of free time to look after it all


Yep it will have an auto top up, but should be able to look after itself as its just one system (as much as a one tank does anyway) :thumbsup:

Chop
Hasten Slowly
Dear old dad
Choppa
RTAW Veteran Reefer
Posts: 1186
Joined: Sun Jan 23, 2011 5:32 am
Posts Per Page: Perth WA

Re: Chop's Outdoor System

Post by Choppa »

Picked up the live rock today - quite a few kilos and some nice pieces too. I'm just going to run it in this tub for a few weeks till I get the new tanks ready.

Image

chop
Hasten Slowly
Dear old dad
Choppa
RTAW Veteran Reefer
Posts: 1186
Joined: Sun Jan 23, 2011 5:32 am
Posts Per Page: Perth WA

Re: The Rack

Post by Choppa »

Well a small milestone today - finished setting up the rack and with the help of a few awesome MASWA guys the main tanks are picked up and moved into place too :thumbsup:

Little helper
Image
back
Image
viewing side
Image

Now to to start thinking how to plumb these bad boys in :book:

Chop
Hasten Slowly
Dear old dad
Choppa
RTAW Veteran Reefer
Posts: 1186
Joined: Sun Jan 23, 2011 5:32 am
Posts Per Page: Perth WA

Re: The Rack

Post by Choppa »

Slight setback - the pavers started to sink without water in so off with tanks again (thanks to the MASWA lads....again) and in with some footings

Image

I'll be able to slightly change the shelves around too now so it's probably a good thing to do it now.
Hasten Slowly
Dear old dad
some_one
Old Sea Dog Reefer
Posts: 4259
Joined: Sun Jun 29, 2008 6:52 am
Posts Per Page: Aubin Grove, Perth

Re: The Rack

Post by some_one »

looking good Chop,

This will be an awesome setup.
Brett
My 850L SPS Tank Journal -TOTM October 2013, TOTY R/UP 2013

From WA, join MASWA!!
Reefpedia - Search - Beginners Guide

MASWA Committee member, RTAW Moderator, MASA Committee member
chromus
I Was Around When Noah Was a Reefer
Posts: 19409
Joined: Wed Sep 16, 2009 11:09 am
Posts Per Page: Atwell, Perth, WA
Contact:

Re: The Rack

Post by chromus »

Sooo 3 saturdays in a row we have done tank lifts with you chop, and I have cleared the following one with the wife just in case :devil:
Did you search RTAW Reefpedia B4 asking your question?

My Tank Journals
8x3x2.5 With Webcam
Tank Monitor (Work in Progress)
My reefs power consumption is offset with solar power
petergriffin
Veteran Reefer
Posts: 728
Joined: Thu Apr 19, 2012 3:25 am
Posts Per Page: Perth

Re: The Rack

Post by petergriffin »

chromus wrote:Sooo 3 saturdays in a row we have done tank lifts with you chop, and I have cleared the following one with the wife just in case :devil:


How many tank lifts did you need for yours phil?.

I can't wait to see how you run all this. It should be epic.
JOIN MASWA TODAY... I HAVE OPINIONS GET USED TO THEM, IM NOT GOING ANYWHERE!
Post Reply

Return to “Diverse Tanks (Refer Description)”