Thought I'd upload a Gopro vid of my dive over the weekend, fair warning I'm no camera man nor am I an editor, so it's nothing special.
Nothing really of note this dive.
Some nice sps formations on this part of the reef though, mostly tabling acros, they seem to grow quite large then break due to their own weight/storms. The edges then grow over the base and shoot up and out again repeating the process.
Saw a few really nice coloured acros & monti caps there, shame the camera doesn't really pick it up. A lot of the islands consist of massive stag colonies which I'll try to get vid of another time.
Fish wise, A couple of decent sized coral trout, a fat camera shy tang that wasn't too impressed being followed. And a coronation trout, beautiful looking fish.
[youtube]y31_F02ohDw[/youtube]
Abrolhos Dive
Moderators: Moderators, Promotions, Competitions & Sponsorship, Mod: Photography Forum
-
MitchD
- Bicentenary Reefer
- Posts: 388
- Joined: Tue May 07, 2013 12:03 am
- Posts Per Page: WA
-
culturedreef
- Old Sea Dog Reefer
- Posts: 2659
- Joined: Fri Apr 01, 2005 1:20 am
- Posts Per Page: Geelong
Re: Abrolhos Dive
Looks like the reef is quite healthy up there, seemed like quite a shallow dive.
You could get more natural color in the vid if you can get a cyan color correction filter for the Gopro.
Thanks for sharing.
You could get more natural color in the vid if you can get a cyan color correction filter for the Gopro.
Thanks for sharing.
-
MitchD
- Bicentenary Reefer
- Posts: 388
- Joined: Tue May 07, 2013 12:03 am
- Posts Per Page: WA
Re: Abrolhos Dive
The reefs pretty pristine here, If you ever get the chance to have a look, take it. The fishing is awesome too.
Yeah, not the deepest dive, I think it topped out at around 7m. Could of just free-dove it but we bought the gear with us, so thought we may as well use it.
Did have a filter but I lost it on a rough day a couple of months back, actually got another on the way.
No worries, will throw up some more vids when I get the chance.
Yeah, not the deepest dive, I think it topped out at around 7m. Could of just free-dove it but we bought the gear with us, so thought we may as well use it.
Did have a filter but I lost it on a rough day a couple of months back, actually got another on the way.
No worries, will throw up some more vids when I get the chance.
-
stopsharkfinning!
- Veteran Reefer
- Posts: 598
- Joined: Tue Jun 22, 2010 6:02 am
- Posts Per Page: Australia
Re: Abrolhos Dive
Thats impessive ,just returned from diving in Bali a so called marine reserve [shipwreck at Tullimbine] nothing on the Abrolhos.Thanks for posting
"The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated" - Mahatma Gandhi
http://www.protectourcoralsea.org.au/about/our-goal
Sharks in deep trouble. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Uo8K1-BVtNw
ur
6000 litre shark tank
4000 litre Fish and Reef tank, lps sps and softies
1200 litre stingray, eel tank
4000 litre shark pond
http://www.protectourcoralsea.org.au/about/our-goal
Sharks in deep trouble. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Uo8K1-BVtNw
ur
6000 litre shark tank
4000 litre Fish and Reef tank, lps sps and softies
1200 litre stingray, eel tank
4000 litre shark pond
-
MitchD
- Bicentenary Reefer
- Posts: 388
- Joined: Tue May 07, 2013 12:03 am
- Posts Per Page: WA
Re: Abrolhos Dive
stopsharkfinning! wrote:Thats impessive ,just returned from diving in Bali a so called marine reserve [shipwreck at Tullimbine] nothing on the Abrolhos.Thanks for posting
Yeah, I've been on that wreck before, interesting dive but I agree, nothing on the abrolas coral wise (was fun to have my teeth cleaned by a couple of redlines though
-
trimixdiver
- Centurion Reefer
- Posts: 169
- Joined: Sat Oct 19, 2013 9:09 pm
- Posts Per Page: Brisbane
Re: Abrolhos Dive
Best place to dive on the planet is Bikini Atoll, Truk Lagoon, wrecks megga , Puerto Galleria i Philippines for coral and wall diving.