Add your intro here, perhaps a little about your reefing experience/history
New to Reefing. My Partner has a Nano reef and I have been keen to start my own one (Currently have a 6ft Fresh)
Thought this Competition was a good place to start :D
System Type: SPS, Mixed Reef, LPS, Softies only, Non photosynthetic Corals?
At this point it will be 2 Clown Fish and some small Corals, not 100% yet though
PICO System:
PICO Tank: Display tank specifications.
I thought I would do something a little different. Went shopping for a nice Vase or something similar and came across a $59 Popcorn Machine from Target
Have made a Tank to go indside out of Acrylic. Measures at H340mm x 215mm x 215mm
Acrylic is 3mm thick on the sides and then 6mm think on the base
PICO Volume: Total tank water declared volume.
The Tank inside the machine is 15L however contains about 1/3 sans (As you will see in the Pics) so it took 10L when I filled it earlier.
PICO Lighting: Lighting specifications.
Undecided although I think I will go with some LED's that will be wired into the roof and they'll run off the switch that turned on the popcorn machine.
Start up date: Day PICO was first filled and cycling commenced.
First filled today 13/11/13
Support systems:
System Water: Natural salt water or artificial salt water
NSW
Display Water circulation: In tank water circulation.
None at this point, filter seems to provide really good circulation.
Filtration: Are you running any filtration equipment?
Yes, an Aqua One hang on side Filter, Model 200 without looking at the Box. It was $43.95
Evaporation Top Up: Auto top-up or manual?
Manuak
Water Changes: Water change regime, volume and frequency
50% Weekly
Chemical Support:
Calcium and Alkalinity Addition: How are you maintaining Calcium and Alk levels
Other Chemical Maintenance: Magnesium, additives etc
Current Water Chemistry: If applicable
Nitrates:
Phosphates:
Alkalinity:
Calcium:
Salinity / Specific Gravity:
Magnesuim:
Yet to Test
Livestock:
2 Clowns and Maybe a cleaner wrasse depending on what my local pet shop owner/Fish Adviser thinks.
Corals: What corals have you got in the tank
None yet, just 2 pieces of Live Rock. I would like a small bright coloured Hammer and some Acan.Perhaps some scollys too.
Invertebrates and or CUC What have you got in there?
None
Feeding Regime:
Not sure yet.
Coral food: What are you feeding, how much and when.
Most likely some Krill once a week.
Method: What method do you use to feed.
My Partner bought a Turkey Baster for his so I'll probably steal that idea off him
Budget
Equipment expenses list the costs of the equipment you have purchased for the Tank
So Far...
"Tank" i.e. Target Popcorn maker $59
Filter $34.95
Acrylic for the Tank $64.98
Adhesives $50
Images:
















Nice one, love the imagination!