Page 1 of 2
Tapartum anenomes propagation setup ( minimaxi )
Posted: Wed Jul 03, 2013 1:46 pm
by SeaCucumber
Hey guys been keeping marine for a while when I started I read about mini maxis and I thought one day I'd own one.
Anyway long story short Iv now collected 7 an have some reali nice ones so Iam going to propagate some and sell and buy new ones
So far Iam looking at a custom 100 ltr tank and sump setup get pricing this week. with a DIY led. rear overflow with a double return . Never propagated anything before so will be a learning experience any advice will be appreciated

hope you guys enjoy
Re: Tapartum anenomes propagation setup ( minimaxi )
Posted: Wed Jul 10, 2013 1:36 am
by kindcorals
Sounds cool! While I havent cut mine yet, they would be similar to cutting ricordea or morphs in that you want to cut the mini maxi down the middle to get a piece of its mouth in each half. Heres a nice article from Coral Magazine that gives a bit more detail on how to do it but it should be pretty easy if tank parameters are good.
http://www.coralmagazine-us.com/content ... a-anemones
Re: Tapartum anenomes propagation setup ( minimaxi )
Posted: Wed Jul 10, 2013 1:49 pm
by SeaCucumber
I've cut 3 now looks good so far and I've had 2 natural splits

ill have to get some pics up soon !!!
Re: Tapartum anenomes propagation setup ( minimaxi )
Posted: Sat Jul 13, 2013 1:31 am
by gnadymmij
You selling them mate? Was keen on getting one.
Re: Tapartum anenomes propagation setup ( minimaxi )
Posted: Sat Jul 13, 2013 6:44 am
by greeni
Good article Kindcorals,thanks for sharing. Some stunning colours amongst them.

Re: Tapartum anenomes propagation setup ( minimaxi )
Posted: Sat Jul 13, 2013 11:59 am
by SeaCucumber
Yea I will be selling a few here and their some I will be giving back to the collector to resell again and other to people on here and to lfs stores and I will not charge a arm and a leg I wouldn't advise them in a reef tank with fish as I've lost all my fish to the one in my nano reef.
I currently have
Green with blue base
Yellow
Blue
Camo
Purple
and the rest were average coulours for my first couple goes at propagating them . First batch have almost fully healed and didn't loose any so next batch I will show a picture slide of steps to do your own
Great anemones easy to care they don't need much feeding. Although they grow faster with feeding .. Thanks for following my thread.
I'll have to dig out my collection of info for people who are interested in them !
Re: Tapartum anenomes propagation setup ( minimaxi )
Posted: Mon Jul 15, 2013 11:38 pm
by kindcorals
Glad to hear the first couple cuts went well! I'd love to see photos and the information you have as I'd like to give one of mine a cut soon. It's weird, one I have is very very sticky and always eats small bits of food when I feed it, the other isn't really sticky and usually won't eat food I put on it.
Re: Tapartum anenomes propagation setup ( minimaxi )
Posted: Mon Jul 15, 2013 11:40 pm
by kindcorals
Just an idea if you want to keep fish with these guys, get some anemone shrimp to defend them. They should keep the fish away if you get enough to cover the anemones
Re: Tapartum anenomes propagation setup ( minimaxi )
Posted: Tue Jul 16, 2013 2:46 pm
by SeaCucumber
Hey guys been flat out at work and going up north this week.
I have. Had mine be sticky some days and not other aswell . I think that it's because if they aren't hungry they won't be sticky? Defiantly a fun nem Shrimp are no good as its ate mine although I could be wrong ? I might try get one again see what happens again .
Still struggling to bring my self to cut up my nice ones but will give it a go next week when Iam home. Need to get myself a camera iPhone pics suck
Re: Tapartum anenomes propagation setup ( minimaxi )
Posted: Tue Sep 10, 2013 5:21 am
by linnx
tagging along :-)
want to get some nice one so i can have my own mini maxi garden