Awesome Waveline Pumps
Moderator: Moderators
-
slawman
- RTAW Veteran Reefer
- Posts: 1179
- Joined: Thu Apr 05, 2007 7:58 am
- Posts Per Page: Sydney
Awesome Waveline Pumps
Hi Andries,
There is a some cases on the forum of these pumps failing. Can you give us some idea of the causes if known? ie. is it the power supply, misuse, manufacturing fault?
I will note also that there are only three of four in what must be hundreds sold so maybe nothing to worry about at all.
I am very happy with my 10000 and 5000 running on my new tank but I cant really afford for the return to fail unexpectedly as it will freeze my tank if left for long (heaters are in the sump).
I notice the power supplies run quite hot so mine are well ventilated.
There is a some cases on the forum of these pumps failing. Can you give us some idea of the causes if known? ie. is it the power supply, misuse, manufacturing fault?
I will note also that there are only three of four in what must be hundreds sold so maybe nothing to worry about at all.
I am very happy with my 10000 and 5000 running on my new tank but I cant really afford for the return to fail unexpectedly as it will freeze my tank if left for long (heaters are in the sump).
I notice the power supplies run quite hot so mine are well ventilated.
The winner is the one who has had the most fun at the end
Solar Reef: viewtopic.php?f=148&t=248587
My Cube : viewtopic.php?f=51&t=216858
A long time ago: viewtopic.php?f=51&t=177925
Solar Reef: viewtopic.php?f=148&t=248587
My Cube : viewtopic.php?f=51&t=216858
A long time ago: viewtopic.php?f=51&t=177925
-
Andries
- RTAW Veteran Reefer
- Posts: 1608
- Joined: Mon Aug 14, 2006 12:04 pm
- Posts Per Page: Gold Coast
- Contact:
Re: Awesome Waveline Pumps
Out of the 100's of pumps we sold we had 7 back, 2 dead pumps (don't know what went wrong) and 5 with a dead transformers. The first ones RLSS released had a big problem with transformers but I only got the tail end of that, they upgraded the transformers after that but they still had a 1% return on the transformers but they believe they have now sorted it out with a new upgrade again.
In all I think they are a really good pump for the money, before they were available our only other choice for a good DC pump cost between $500-$900 and even they were not problem free.
In all I think they are a really good pump for the money, before they were available our only other choice for a good DC pump cost between $500-$900 and even they were not problem free.
-
slawman
- RTAW Veteran Reefer
- Posts: 1179
- Joined: Thu Apr 05, 2007 7:58 am
- Posts Per Page: Sydney
Re: Awesome Waveline Pumps
Thanks Andries, I wasn't sure how many had been sold and agree that is a low failure rate even for an established pump.
Do you have the new ones in yet?
Do you have the new ones in yet?
The winner is the one who has had the most fun at the end
Solar Reef: viewtopic.php?f=148&t=248587
My Cube : viewtopic.php?f=51&t=216858
A long time ago: viewtopic.php?f=51&t=177925
Solar Reef: viewtopic.php?f=148&t=248587
My Cube : viewtopic.php?f=51&t=216858
A long time ago: viewtopic.php?f=51&t=177925
-
Doomant
- Bicentenary Reefer
- Posts: 410
- Joined: Wed Aug 24, 2011 10:56 am
- Posts Per Page: Townsville QLD
Re: Awesome Waveline Pumps
I bought a waveline 10000 of Andries and the transformer died. Not only was he answering my troubleshooting questions at 10pm at night but he posted me a new transformer straight away. Has not missed a beat since. I recommend buying one of these pumps for the return on your tank Slawman.
Anthony.
My RSM130 (Closed Down)
My Money Pitt
[URL=http://www.aquaticlog.com/showcase/dashboard?aquariumId=467]
My RSM130 (Closed Down)
My Money Pitt
[URL=http://www.aquaticlog.com/showcase/dashboard?aquariumId=467]
-
slawman
- RTAW Veteran Reefer
- Posts: 1179
- Joined: Thu Apr 05, 2007 7:58 am
- Posts Per Page: Sydney
Re: Awesome Waveline Pumps
I am running a 10000 on my return and a 5000 on my RLSS skimmer. Same awesome service experience here thanks Andries.
I was just reading a few posts about failures so it was starting to freak me out but if there are hundreds out there and only 15 or so returns thats some pretty good performance.
The winner is the one who has had the most fun at the end
Solar Reef: viewtopic.php?f=148&t=248587
My Cube : viewtopic.php?f=51&t=216858
A long time ago: viewtopic.php?f=51&t=177925
Solar Reef: viewtopic.php?f=148&t=248587
My Cube : viewtopic.php?f=51&t=216858
A long time ago: viewtopic.php?f=51&t=177925
-
Andries
- RTAW Veteran Reefer
- Posts: 1608
- Joined: Mon Aug 14, 2006 12:04 pm
- Posts Per Page: Gold Coast
- Contact:
Re: Awesome Waveline Pumps
slawman wrote:Do you have the new ones in yet?
I should have the following new range RLSS pumps and skimmers in stock end next week. All with the new pumps
R6-I (R61)
R8-i
DB8-i
DB10-i
DB12-i
R10-i
FR3
FR4
DC4000 pump
DC6000 pump
DC12000 pump
-
notsomot
- Too Much Time On My Hands Reefer
- Posts: 5015
- Joined: Tue Jul 14, 2009 10:35 am
Re: Awesome Waveline Pumps
Andries wrote:slawman wrote:Do you have the new ones in yet?
I should have the following new range RLSS pumps and skimmers in stock end next week. All with the new pumps![]()
R6-I (R61)
R8-i
DB8-i
DB10-i
DB12-i
R10-i
FR3
FR4
DC4000 pump
DC6000 pump
DC12000 pump
Have these rocked up Andries?
-
Andries
- RTAW Veteran Reefer
- Posts: 1608
- Joined: Mon Aug 14, 2006 12:04 pm
- Posts Per Page: Gold Coast
- Contact:
Re: Awesome Waveline Pumps
Notsomot wrote:Andries wrote:slawman wrote:Do you have the new ones in yet?
I should have the following new range RLSS pumps and skimmers in stock end next week. All with the new pumps![]()
R6-I (R61)
R8-i
DB8-i
DB10-i
DB12-i
R10-i
FR3
FR4
DC4000 pump
DC6000 pump
DC12000 pump
They are now online, ready to sell![]()
http://www.guppysaquariumproducts.com.a ... t_293.html
Andries
Have these rocked up Andries?
-
notsomot
- Too Much Time On My Hands Reefer
- Posts: 5015
- Joined: Tue Jul 14, 2009 10:35 am
Re: Awesome Waveline Pumps
Might be a dumb question but can anyone tell me the difference between an db10 and a r10?
-
n0rk
- Too Much Time On My Hands Reefer
- Posts: 7821
- Joined: Mon Feb 23, 2009 12:12 pm
- Posts Per Page: An island smaller than the one I was on
Re: Awesome Waveline Pumps
The pump volute design. The R10 is the classic design with a traditional volute, whereas the DB10 inverts the pump and uses the baseplate of the skimmer as a makeshift volute.
BENJAMIN ::: If at first the idea is not absurd, then there is no hope for it.
IF YOU CAN READ THIS, YOU ARE LOOKING FAR TOO CLOSELY. I FEEL VIOLATED.
IF YOU CAN READ THIS, YOU ARE LOOKING FAR TOO CLOSELY. I FEEL VIOLATED.