jeisner wrote:^ 22 depending on the level of Australia Tax applied...
US$499 is very worthwhile I think, if it turns into AUD$1,000 or more it is kind of less tempting..
I think a lot of people will lose interest if the price isn't pretty close to the U.S. price (myself included).
The AU$ is stronger than the US$ and these are coming from a US company so that should help keep the cost down.
IF the Neptune Systems products are manufactured in Asia the smart thing to do would be for Neptune Systems to have their manufacturer ship directly to Aus rather than sending them half way round the world to the US only to send them back. This could result in the added benefit of freight costs that are actually lower than what it costs to get them to America.
I should point out that the comment about manfactiring in Asia is an assumption on my part. I've based this on the simple fact that it is often the most cost effective place to manufacture just about anything as long as you're producing large enoght quatities to offset the set up and transport related costs. Whats more, the old stereotype that "anything made in asia is cheap and nasty" simply isn't trtue any more so Neptune Systems could still be turning out a quality product from China or just about anywhere else in Asia.