New Coral Blog - Ronald L. Shimek, PhD

Dedicated forum for discussions on all things to do with corals and invertebrates (identification, husbandry, ecology, biology, diseases, taxonomy etc). If it doesn't have a backbone, discuss it here.

Moderators: Moderators, Mod: Cnidarians (True Corals)

Post Reply
Tone
Been Around So Long, I've Seen Evolution
Posts: 12378
Joined: Sat Feb 12, 2005 6:22 am
Posts Per Page: BrizVegas
Contact:

New Coral Blog - Ronald L. Shimek, PhD

Post by Tone »

"These are my Principles... if you don't like them, I have others." Groucho Marx.
Reefing since '93.
2000L Reef.


Originator of MASQ
Azedenkae
Veteran Reefer
Posts: 537
Joined: Mon Jun 17, 2013 12:04 pm
Posts Per Page: Chatswood, NSW 2067

Re: New Coral Blog - Ronald L. Shimek, PhD

Post by Azedenkae »

That's actually a very good read. I like his blog.
gab
Lurking Reefer
Posts: 13
Joined: Wed Apr 30, 2014 10:57 am
Posts Per Page: sydney

Re: New Coral Blog - Ronald L. Shimek, PhD

Post by gab »

Interesting read, always too much to learn
Hate to be a fish in my tank
SantaMonica
Centurion Reefer
Posts: 108
Joined: Mon Jun 15, 2015 4:32 pm
Posts Per Page: Santa Monica, California, USA

Re: New Coral Blog - Ronald L. Shimek, PhD

Post by SantaMonica »

Just found it.
Autonomy
Bicentenary Reefer
Posts: 337
Joined: Sun Nov 18, 2012 1:55 pm
Posts Per Page: Sydney

Re: New Coral Blog - Ronald L. Shimek, PhD

Post by Autonomy »

:withyou:

Only just came across it by chance, but what a great blog.
I'm also a fan of Dr. Shimek's pocket expert book 'Marine Invertebrates'. It is definitely one compact reference book I find myself referring to often, especially in aquarium stores when I'm not 100% sure about a new invertebrate that catches my eye. :thumbsup:
"...the sea, once it casts its spell, holds one in its net of wonders forever" Jacques Cousteau
SantaMonica
Centurion Reefer
Posts: 108
Joined: Mon Jun 15, 2015 4:32 pm
Posts Per Page: Santa Monica, California, USA

Re: New Coral Blog - Ronald L. Shimek, PhD

Post by SantaMonica »

He might also still offer his "reef articles by email" that I bought years ago.
Post Reply

Return to “Algaes, Corals and Invertebrates: ID's, Diseases, Pests, Parasites & Treatments Forum”