like or agree button

Post here any ideas, feedback or queries you have in regard to MASA (including Reefing the Australian Way). This forum is not for reef aquaria related questions.

Moderator: Moderators

markaz
RTAW Reefer
Posts: 71
Joined: Thu Mar 03, 2011 11:09 am
Posts Per Page: Brisbane

like or agree button

Post by markaz »

COULD be helpfull for looking for advice.
May help someone pick a solution to a problem.
what do you think? too much like facebook?
Hopefully they don't sue me. :crossfingers:
chromus
I Was Around When Noah Was a Reefer
Posts: 19409
Joined: Wed Sep 16, 2009 11:09 am
Posts Per Page: Atwell, Perth, WA
Contact:

Re: like or agree button

Post by chromus »

Suggestions are always welcome, :thumbsup:

but in this case I believe it will just become a popularity contest with people liking their friends posts regardless of the usefulness.
Did you search RTAW Reefpedia B4 asking your question?

My Tank Journals
8x3x2.5 With Webcam
Tank Monitor (Work in Progress)
My reefs power consumption is offset with solar power
kit
RTAW Veteran Reefer
Posts: 1159
Joined: Mon Apr 02, 2012 10:58 am
Posts Per Page: Sydney

Re: like or agree button

Post by kit »

I think plenty of people would use it, but I'm not sure the point of having this function.

A follow on effect may be reduction in number of posts (which may or may not be a good thing depending on how you view it).
markaz
RTAW Reefer
Posts: 71
Joined: Thu Mar 03, 2011 11:09 am
Posts Per Page: Brisbane

Re: like or agree button

Post by markaz »

I know whats going on here. You guys love the :withyou: button.
lol
chromus
I Was Around When Noah Was a Reefer
Posts: 19409
Joined: Wed Sep 16, 2009 11:09 am
Posts Per Page: Atwell, Perth, WA
Contact:

Re: like or agree button

Post by chromus »

I prefer this --> :stupid:

:roflmao:
Did you search RTAW Reefpedia B4 asking your question?

My Tank Journals
8x3x2.5 With Webcam
Tank Monitor (Work in Progress)
My reefs power consumption is offset with solar power
markaz
RTAW Reefer
Posts: 71
Joined: Thu Mar 03, 2011 11:09 am
Posts Per Page: Brisbane

Re: like or agree button

Post by markaz »

ha ha :cheers:
King Venom
Old Sea Dog Reefer
Posts: 2318
Joined: Sun Mar 11, 2012 1:22 pm
Posts Per Page: Albany West Australia

Re: like or agree button

Post by King Venom »

I've seen it on other forums and it served no real purpose apart from popularity contest
Aydee
RTAW Veteran Reefer
Posts: 1996
Joined: Sun Aug 03, 2008 7:12 am
Posts Per Page: Canberra

Re: like or agree button

Post by Aydee »

At the end of the day, a lot of information that is posted is quite often (in some way shape or form) in one of the stickies. Sometimes it just needs the information bent a little bit to fit that particular persons needs.

If any information is particularly important and new/relevant it will probably find itself stickied.

(My personal opinion anyways)

Dave
Rusty1
Too Much Time On My Hands Reefer
Posts: 9065
Joined: Mon Oct 30, 2006 12:28 pm
Posts Per Page: Hope Island, Gold Coast

Re: like or agree button

Post by Rusty1 »

I like the idea of a "Thanks" button if it could be implemented. I guess till we get an active committee it is hard to make changes.

I dont see how "thanking" some 1 for a post or answer is a popularity contest though.....
Tank Now For Sale
Reef In The Wall
Tank on Facebook- Closed
Reef In The Wall- FB
n0rk: For all I say, I still love halides. The "crispness" is still unrivalled in most situations. I am a schmuck who wants to go halides.
markaz
RTAW Reefer
Posts: 71
Joined: Thu Mar 03, 2011 11:09 am
Posts Per Page: Brisbane

Re: like or agree button

Post by markaz »

Actually I like the positive or negitive button.
If you agree you hit positive or if you disagree you hit negitive and then show a number off to the side. negitive for disagree and positive for agree.

So a way it could be used is, 2 people offer 2 different options to a solution. Instead of having people put :withyou: you could just click on the option you would perfer.
It may make it easier for someone to make a decision if they unsure of which way to go.

Here is an example from ozbargin
http://www.ozbargain.com.au/node/90204
Post Reply

Return to “Site Announcements, Questions, Comments and Suggestions”