If they are, I would like to start a conversation of methods used to raise the fry and I am interested in what setups people have
Seahorse breeding
Moderators: Moderators, Mod: Propagation & Breeding
-
DgrMouse
- Veteran Reefer
- Posts: 677
- Joined: Thu Dec 22, 2011 2:24 am
- Posts Per Page: Western Australia
Seahorse breeding
Just wondering if anyone is interested in my efforts with seahorses? I am keeping myself a paper journal, but was wondering if anyone else is trying to raise the fry like I am?
If they are, I would like to start a conversation of methods used to raise the fry and I am interested in what setups people have
If they are, I would like to start a conversation of methods used to raise the fry and I am interested in what setups people have
-
Andre.Gibson
- Veteran Reefer
- Posts: 637
- Joined: Thu May 12, 2011 12:51 am
- Posts Per Page: Port Kennedy, Perth
Re: Seahorse breeding
While I dont have any seahorses myself, I have no doubt many people will be interested.
Post everything you can and I will read it :p
Andre
Post everything you can and I will read it :p
Andre
"Look, I can agree with you but then we would both be wrong"
"Trust me, the last thing I want to do is hurt you ... but it is still on my list"
"Trust me, the last thing I want to do is hurt you ... but it is still on my list"
-
Jaguar
- Bicentenary Reefer
- Posts: 461
- Joined: Sat Jan 26, 2008 4:10 am
- Posts Per Page: Leppington, NSW
- Contact:
Re: Seahorse breeding
I've never seen many seahorse breeding threads here in the Aus forums, but I know the seahorse.org forums post tons of information.
-
DgrMouse
- Veteran Reefer
- Posts: 677
- Joined: Thu Dec 22, 2011 2:24 am
- Posts Per Page: Western Australia
Re: Seahorse breeding
Agreed.. I'm a member there as well
just wondering how much interest there was on here
-
cajsw
- Curious Reefer
- Posts: 34
- Joined: Sun Aug 24, 2008 5:38 am
- Posts Per Page: adelaide
Re: Seahorse breeding
i am setting up a 2ft cube with seahorses and will be interested when they do breed
IF YOU AT FIRST YOU DONT SUCCEED
LOWER YOUR EXPECTATIONS.!
LOWER YOUR EXPECTATIONS.!
-
DgrMouse
- Veteran Reefer
- Posts: 677
- Joined: Thu Dec 22, 2011 2:24 am
- Posts Per Page: Western Australia
Re: Seahorse breeding
I have 3 different batches on the go at the moment
I have 6 subelongatus at 7 weeks old today, 7 barbouri at 3 weeks old, and about 90 subelongatus at 3 days old

I have 6 subelongatus at 7 weeks old today, 7 barbouri at 3 weeks old, and about 90 subelongatus at 3 days old

-
SeaCucumber
- Bicentenary Reefer
- Posts: 280
- Joined: Wed Jul 04, 2012 12:27 pm
- Posts Per Page: Fremantle
Re: Seahorse breeding
My Nabour has a specially designed seahorse breeding tank she used for her baby's and now has a couple dozen in a tank
she's selling the little breeder box thing tho if your interested ?
-
DgrMouse
- Veteran Reefer
- Posts: 677
- Joined: Thu Dec 22, 2011 2:24 am
- Posts Per Page: Western Australia
Re: Seahorse breeding
PM me the details if you could with a picture, that would be great 
-
King Venom
- Old Sea Dog Reefer
- Posts: 2318
- Joined: Sun Mar 11, 2012 1:22 pm
- Posts Per Page: Albany West Australia
Re: Seahorse breeding
I'm very intrested mate I will buy some off you when they are ready.
-
Oldnewbie
- RTAW Reefer
- Posts: 63
- Joined: Tue Apr 03, 2012 3:54 am
- Posts Per Page: Murwillumbah
Re: Seahorse breeding
Hey guys im interested in any info on seahorses we have a 3"x2"x2" tank for 2 pairs of kuda seahorses with the idea of getting them to breed.After a quick battle with gas bubble wich we resolved with Diamox our horses seem to be courting.So anything i can contribute to the discussion im more then willing