Location: Czech Republic
Aust Distributor: Aquadepot
Who Stocks it: Aquadepot Stockists
Product: Sulphates (spelt the old way)

What is it supposed to do?
Test for levels of Sulfates in marine aquariums. This is something most aquarists traditionally haven't really worried about it other than following the recommendations reef chemistry guru Randy Holmes-Farley when he suggests using magnesium chloride (MgCl) along side Magnesium Sulfate (MgSO4) when making up Magnesium supplements.
Most older tanks will have build ups of Sulfates to some extent, this kit will give the user a measurement of this.
So What comes in the box?
Syringes, tips, test vial, instruction sheet, gloves and 3 Liquid and 1 Powder Reagents. The liquid reagents contain hydrochloric acid and ethanol, so exercise extreme caution and seal them immediately post drawing the 1ml you need.
How do you work this thing?
For the purpose of testing I had 2 seperate samples, from my tank.
Why should I buy it?
This kit is not something most aquarists would have ever used before, the majority as mention above instead relying entirely water changes to keep sulfates in check.
I suspect the majority of users for this kit would be high end SPS keepers or people who have tanks more than 3 or 4 years old to measure sulfates.
What's it like to use
For truly accurate measurement the water needs to be at 25degrees C. Specific gravity also plays a part in the readings.
The colour change from deep purple-blue to very light blue. The transition during titration was crisp, but may not be readily readable by users who are colourblind.
Readings:
My tank Reading 1: 2.45g/l 25.5mmol/l
My Tank Reading 2: 2.50g/l 26.0mmol/l
These readings are at the lower end and what I would expect from
a system of about 2.5 years.
Final Opinion
Would I buy it? if I was only using MgSO4 for magnesium supplementation then yes, and if my system was 5 or more years old. The colour transition during titration was oven better than the clear and easy to spot, none of that is it? or isn't it? that comes with some kits.
Tech Specs
Enough for 50tests
Contents:
1x Powder reagent
3x Liquid reagent
2x gloves
1x Val
4x Syringes & Tips
1x Instruction sheet.