Review on the service and products from Guppy's online
Moderator: Moderators
-
Rhys123
- Old Sea Dog Reefer
- Posts: 3752
- Joined: Sun Sep 16, 2007 3:54 am
- Posts Per Page: Darwin NT (I am about to escape Hill Billy Heaven)
Review on the service and products from Guppy's online
Well as some of you would know I have been very critical on the service and products offered by Andries via Guppy's online.
Recently I set up a pretty large outside propagation system and found myself in the market for about $1500 worth of equipment. Generally speaking I absolutely hate ordering stuff online but after having several conversation with Andries I felt very much at ease and went ahead and placed an order.
Keeping in mind this is just my experience.
I queried Andries over several weeks before placing the orders he was very polite answered every question and PM I sent usually in a matter of minutes or if he wasn't online as soon as he came back online the question was answered. I found all Andries answers to be truthful from the quantity of stock he had (he even warned me that he knew I wanted a product and he only had one left but he would be getting more in the near future) to delivery time.
I ordered in my first shipment a pair of large Blumen Bright reflectors comparing them to the Lumenarcs that I have seen I honestly can not tell the difference and if anything the Blumen Brights seem to be made to a better quality (the material is definitely thicker giving it a more robust look and feel) I would have to say at $155 these are very good value even if you add $20 each for shipping (and it wasn't that much because I ordered of the items) I don't think there is a better or cheaper reflector in Australia (it is definitely of a better construction then the Lumenbrights I am using) I also ordered a ballast and a bulb.
The package arrived 8 days after it was sent as advised it would and was probably the best packed package I have seen for a long time (nothing broke)
Andries supplied me a trace number for the package when I asked for it he doesn't supply this with the order when I queried him about this he told me that with the number of orders he does each day he just can't supply a trace number unless asked to which is understandable.
All in all I give Andries service a 10 out of 10 the service was fast the product was top notch and the questions before and after the purchase where all answered politely and quickly
Well done Andries
Recently I set up a pretty large outside propagation system and found myself in the market for about $1500 worth of equipment. Generally speaking I absolutely hate ordering stuff online but after having several conversation with Andries I felt very much at ease and went ahead and placed an order.
Keeping in mind this is just my experience.
I queried Andries over several weeks before placing the orders he was very polite answered every question and PM I sent usually in a matter of minutes or if he wasn't online as soon as he came back online the question was answered. I found all Andries answers to be truthful from the quantity of stock he had (he even warned me that he knew I wanted a product and he only had one left but he would be getting more in the near future) to delivery time.
I ordered in my first shipment a pair of large Blumen Bright reflectors comparing them to the Lumenarcs that I have seen I honestly can not tell the difference and if anything the Blumen Brights seem to be made to a better quality (the material is definitely thicker giving it a more robust look and feel) I would have to say at $155 these are very good value even if you add $20 each for shipping (and it wasn't that much because I ordered of the items) I don't think there is a better or cheaper reflector in Australia (it is definitely of a better construction then the Lumenbrights I am using) I also ordered a ballast and a bulb.
The package arrived 8 days after it was sent as advised it would and was probably the best packed package I have seen for a long time (nothing broke)
Andries supplied me a trace number for the package when I asked for it he doesn't supply this with the order when I queried him about this he told me that with the number of orders he does each day he just can't supply a trace number unless asked to which is understandable.
All in all I give Andries service a 10 out of 10 the service was fast the product was top notch and the questions before and after the purchase where all answered politely and quickly
Well done Andries
-
Sin
- RTAW Veteran Reefer
- Posts: 1189
- Joined: Tue May 01, 2007 1:24 am
- Posts Per Page: Ashtonfield NSW
Re: Review on the service and products from Guppy's online
Great review Steve, I have ordered from Andries many times and cannot fault his service.
He has also responded to emails within the hour and my orders arrived a couple of days after they were placed. Great service time and time again.
He has also responded to emails within the hour and my orders arrived a couple of days after they were placed. Great service time and time again.
-
PeneJane
- Veteran Reefer
- Posts: 717
- Joined: Sun Feb 17, 2008 7:03 pm
- Posts Per Page: Hammond Park, WA
Re: Review on the service and products from Guppy's online
The couple of times I have ordered from Guppys I have been very happy with the packaging.
I did a lot of research via these forms about this company when I was looking into the gear for my cube. There was a lot of good and bad out there, but I took my chances and am rather happy I did.
So far I can't fault them to any great degree. Everything I ordered (including my lights) arrived well packed and unbroken.
I did a lot of research via these forms about this company when I was looking into the gear for my cube. There was a lot of good and bad out there, but I took my chances and am rather happy I did.
So far I can't fault them to any great degree. Everything I ordered (including my lights) arrived well packed and unbroken.
Being the smartest idiot is not really something to brag about.
STRESS = The confusion created when the mind must override the body's basic desire to choke the living crap out of some A Hole who desperately deserves it!!
STRESS = The confusion created when the mind must override the body's basic desire to choke the living crap out of some A Hole who desperately deserves it!!
-
camo1
- Old Sea Dog Reefer
- Posts: 2067
- Joined: Sat Mar 24, 2007 1:11 am
- Posts Per Page: Gold Coast
Re: Review on the service and products from Guppy's online
Andries prices is probaly the reason i was able to get into the hoby as an apprentice 

-
Rhys123
- Old Sea Dog Reefer
- Posts: 3752
- Joined: Sun Sep 16, 2007 3:54 am
- Posts Per Page: Darwin NT (I am about to escape Hill Billy Heaven)
Re: Review on the service and products from Guppy's online
Have you tried sending him a PM I have mine answered within minutes if he is online if not the next time he is.
Second parcel arrived all good purchase went flawlessly.
Cheers
Second parcel arrived all good purchase went flawlessly.
Cheers
-
Andries
- RTAW Veteran Reefer
- Posts: 1608
- Joined: Mon Aug 14, 2006 12:04 pm
- Posts Per Page: Gold Coast
- Contact:
Re: Review on the service and products from Guppy's online
Rhys123 wrote:Have you tried sending him a PM I have mine answered within minutes if he is online if not the next time he is.
Second parcel arrived all good purchase went flawlessly.
Cheers
Hi Steve
Now you will have light. I am getting a new range of m/h globes in stock in +-3 weeks. I think they will be just as good or better than BLV. I am getting 14K, 50K and 25K. I would like you to test and give a little write up as I know you use BLV and will be honest about it. I am sure I will still convert you to a new brand and save you lots of $$$
-
Rhys123
- Old Sea Dog Reefer
- Posts: 3752
- Joined: Sun Sep 16, 2007 3:54 am
- Posts Per Page: Darwin NT (I am about to escape Hill Billy Heaven)
Re: Review on the service and products from Guppy's online
Sounds like a plan mate always keen to save a little bit of cash
I will be in line for some bulbs so drop me a line when they come in
Cheers
I will be in line for some bulbs so drop me a line when they come in
Cheers
-
Andries
- RTAW Veteran Reefer
- Posts: 1608
- Joined: Mon Aug 14, 2006 12:04 pm
- Posts Per Page: Gold Coast
- Contact:
Re: Review on the service and products from Guppy's online
n0rk wrote:Andries wrote:Rhys123 wrote:Have you tried sending him a PM I have mine answered within minutes if he is online if not the next time he is.
Second parcel arrived all good purchase went flawlessly.
Cheers
Hi Steve
Now you will have light. I am getting a new range of m/h globes in stock in +-3 weeks. I think they will be just as good or better than BLV. I am getting 14K, 50K and 25K. I would like you to test and give a little write up as I know you use BLV and will be honest about it. I am sure I will still convert you to a new brand and save you lots of $$$
Any info on the brand these are, Andries? Only companies I can think of that supply halides in those spectrums are Japanese... and they're all pretty bloody gun at what they do.
The factory that makes them manufacture OEM for Hamilton Technology, Sfiligoi and Fauna Marin. I am getting the same globes but in the SMG brand also sold in Germany.
-
RedLineR
- Old Sea Dog Reefer
- Posts: 3021
- Joined: Wed Jan 11, 2006 11:31 am
- Posts Per Page: Sydney
Re: Review on the service and products from Guppy's online
My skimmer needle wheel somehow managed to break into a million peices and Andries sorted out a replacement and repair within two days!!
Need I say more?
Thanks a million for the top service.
Need I say more?
Thanks a million for the top service.
-
Matt_84
- Bicentenary Reefer
- Posts: 273
- Joined: Mon Jun 06, 2011 4:12 am
- Posts Per Page: Cooma, NSW
Re: Review on the service and products from Guppy's online
Andries' prices and service are fantastic!
There was a very minor issue with one of my orders and was sorted out within a couple of hours. All other orders have arrived quickly and without fault.
Highly recommended!!!!!
There was a very minor issue with one of my orders and was sorted out within a couple of hours. All other orders have arrived quickly and without fault.
Highly recommended!!!!!
46lt Boyu nano - Up and Running
My 6x2x2 PLC Automated - Under Construction
It is better to remain silent and be thought a fool, than to open your mouth and remove all doubt .
My 6x2x2 PLC Automated - Under Construction
It is better to remain silent and be thought a fool, than to open your mouth and remove all doubt .