challenge 2010- and the winner is Meicanthus sp

For discussions and details on the Australian Breeding Challenges.

Moderators: Moderators, Promotions, Competitions & Sponsorship

damer
Too Much Time On My Hands Reefer
Posts: 5872
Joined: Mon Jan 27, 2003 7:13 am
Posts Per Page: Geelong, Victoria.

challenge 2010- and the winner is Meicanthus sp

Post by damer »

anyone interested in participating in a "challenge" next year, please nominate a species or two.

i will be using my "powers" to not include any species nominated that are basically unrealisitc in the final poll. tangs, angels etc.

hopefully we will get a couple of our fantastic LFS to help us out again with low price broodstock.



Damien
Last edited by damer on Tue Jan 19, 2010 10:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Don't ever give up!! Today might be your day for a miracle...."

Damien's 1300 x 1200 x 600
damer
Too Much Time On My Hands Reefer
Posts: 5872
Joined: Mon Jan 27, 2003 7:13 am
Posts Per Page: Geelong, Victoria.

Post by damer »

pipefish- maybe "dragonfaced"
royal dottyback- pictichromis paccagnellae
"Don't ever give up!! Today might be your day for a miracle...."

Damien's 1300 x 1200 x 600
FullScaleMarineLife
Veteran Reefer
Posts: 660
Joined: Mon Nov 23, 2009 12:08 pm
Posts Per Page: NSW
Contact:

Post by FullScaleMarineLife »

I'm happy to help with broodstock :thumbsup:

If were not too sick of gobies I'd like to nominate the Rainford's Goby - Amblygobius rainfordi.
Full Scale Marine Life
mailto:?subject=&body=
http://www.fullscale.com.au
[directory]244[/directory]
Chantelle
Veteran Reefer
Posts: 588
Joined: Fri Dec 12, 2008 9:08 am
Posts Per Page: Central Coast, NSW

Post by Chantelle »

Here's my suggestions:

Seahorses - any species

Fairy wrasses? This one might be a bit unrealistic though, as to date I dont believe there is any breeding success.

Assessors
~Chantelle
Hunts25
Centurion Reefer
Posts: 183
Joined: Sun Dec 09, 2007 4:22 am
Posts Per Page: Sydney

Post by Hunts25 »

Orchid dottybacks

some sort of blenny
h45e
RTAW Veteran Reefer
Posts: 1002
Joined: Fri Apr 11, 2008 12:30 pm
Posts Per Page: Beeliar, Perth

Post by h45e »

I vote for mandarin
Anthony Suiter
MASWA Commitee Member
Join MASWA!
________________________________________________________________________________
h45e's Barrier Reef 400
h45e's Redsea Max 250
h45e's Redsea Reefer 450
Mr Miagi
Old Sea Dog Reefer
Posts: 4468
Joined: Thu Jun 30, 2005 6:29 am
Posts Per Page: Adelaide, SA

Post by Mr Miagi »

damer wrote:i will be using my "powers" to not include any species nominated that are basically unrealisitc in the final poll. tangs, angels etc.


Damien


I think this is a must. I think people need to see some level of success, to get them interested, or hold their interest in breeding.

There are a few hard ones already, but I guess we just nominate anything, they can always be culled later!

I Nominate:

1: Calloplesiops altivelis (Marine Betta/Comet grouper)
2: .....will think about it...
--Cheers, Benny
Chris
Too Much Time On My Hands Reefer
Posts: 5146
Joined: Tue Feb 04, 2003 12:13 pm
Posts Per Page: Townsville

Post by Chris »

you could do it as part of MOFIB, currently there is a nomination thread going, but its abotu to close.

it is likely that there will be prizes this time and hopefully some breedable species.

Christian
Hunts25
Centurion Reefer
Posts: 183
Joined: Sun Dec 09, 2007 4:22 am
Posts Per Page: Sydney

Post by Hunts25 »

Ecsenius stigmatura (Tail Spot Blenny)

I don't know if we can get this fish here, but I reckon it would be pretty good. Plus I want an excuse to work on blennys again..
Lukey
Old Sea Dog Reefer
Posts: 3568
Joined: Tue Oct 20, 2009 7:21 am
Posts Per Page: Newcastle, NSW

Post by Lukey »

Chantelle wrote:Here's my suggestions:

Seahorses - any species


Huzzah I second it! Particularly for Kuda's, but they're one of the hardest apparently so maybe seahorses as a whole, and let pipefish be included?
Post Reply

Return to “RTAW Breeders Challenge”