Seven Habits of Highly Successful Newbies

Just started out in the world of marine aquariums? Daunted by all the information, conflicting advice and just wondering what you should do? This is a forum for all of those that are new to the hobby to ask all and any beginner type of questions.

Moderators: Moderators, Mod: New to the Hobby

Tone
Been Around So Long, I've Seen Evolution
Posts: 12378
Joined: Sat Feb 12, 2005 6:22 am
Posts Per Page: BrizVegas
Contact:

Seven Habits of Highly Successful Newbies

Post by Tone »

This should be stickied, please.

In some ways, these messages are repeated continuously over the years.

http://reefkeeping.com/joomla/index.php ... nt&print=1

Tone :)
"These are my Principles... if you don't like them, I have others." Groucho Marx.
Reefing since '93.
2000L Reef.


Originator of MASQ
coral1
Old Sea Dog Reefer
Posts: 4927
Joined: Tue Feb 07, 2006 12:25 am
Posts Per Page: ROSEBUD VIC

Post by coral1 »

nice one if only newbies would read it
Renae
MASOV 2015-2016 president
Image[/image]
viewtopic.php?f=145&t=241394
viewtopic.php?f=145&t=162492
rossco
Old Sea Dog Reefer
Posts: 2443
Joined: Wed Aug 19, 2009 10:48 am
Posts Per Page: Sydney (2089)

Post by rossco »

It all sounds like good advice and a bit of common sense. What type of boats do you sail Tone?
trano
Bicentenary Reefer
Posts: 461
Joined: Sun Apr 27, 2008 12:16 pm
Posts Per Page: Sydney

Post by trano »

good read :)
aterese
RTAW Veteran Reefer
Posts: 1042
Joined: Thu Jul 17, 2008 10:15 am
Posts Per Page: Gold Coast

Post by aterese »

I just wanna know what the yellow fish is :)
dammit
Bicentenary Reefer
Posts: 375
Joined: Sun May 03, 2009 5:54 am
Posts Per Page: Gold Coast, Queensland

Post by dammit »

Great read Tone, thanks for sharing =)
Steve Campbell
Old Sea Dog Reefer
Posts: 4277
Joined: Sat Jun 30, 2007 11:54 pm
Posts Per Page: Sunshine Coast.

Re: Seven Habits of Highly Successful Newbies

Post by Steve Campbell »

Tone wrote:This should be stickied, please............



Hmmm, I don't know, we were working towards reducing the amount of stickies and anouncements. I shall ask the big boss.

It is a good article and very appropriate, I'll put it up as a sticky and ask the others what they think. :thumbsup:
Steve
StripestheEel
Been Around So Long, I've Seen Evolution
Posts: 12412
Joined: Mon Aug 21, 2006 8:20 am
Posts Per Page: Gold Coast, QLD

Post by StripestheEel »

aterese wrote:I just wanna know what the yellow fish is :)


Acanthurus Olivaceous (Orange Shoulder Tang)
Tone
Been Around So Long, I've Seen Evolution
Posts: 12378
Joined: Sat Feb 12, 2005 6:22 am
Posts Per Page: BrizVegas
Contact:

Post by Tone »

rossco wrote:What type of boats do you sail Tone?


Simonis Voogd designed Fast 42. Hopefully soon to have an Etchell. :)
"These are my Principles... if you don't like them, I have others." Groucho Marx.
Reefing since '93.
2000L Reef.


Originator of MASQ
aterese
RTAW Veteran Reefer
Posts: 1042
Joined: Thu Jul 17, 2008 10:15 am
Posts Per Page: Gold Coast

Post by aterese »

Thanks Matt
Post Reply

Return to “New to the Hobby”