Username: Foxxy2727
Species: Gobiodon quinquestrigatus
Social Structure: Single Pair
Size of Individuals: 3.5cm & 2.5cm
Age of Individuals: ?
Date added to Tank: 23/07/09
Broodstock Tank Details
Size of Tank:
Substrate Details: Coral Sand
Filtration Details: HOB Hydor Bravo 120, LR & waiting on a Reef Octopus NS-80 skimmer
Water Changes: 20% fortnightly
Water Temperature: 26*
Lighting:
Lighting Cycle:
Other Tank Inhabitants:
Broodstock Feeding Details
Food Types: Fozen Mysis/Enriched Brineshrimp, Hikari micro wafers
Feeding Schedule: Once a day
Spawning Details
Date of First Spawn:
Dates of Consecutive Spawns:
Larval Tank Details
Size of Larval Tank:
Substrate Details:
Other Tank Decor:
Filtration Details:
Lighting:
Lighting Cycle:
Water Changes:
Larval Feeding Details
Food Types:
Feeding Schedule:
Additional Information
Miscellaneous Information:
BC2009 Gobiodon Quinquestrigatus (Foxxy2727)
Moderators: Moderators, Promotions, Competitions & Sponsorship
-
foxxy2727
- RTAW Reefer
- Posts: 92
- Joined: Thu Aug 09, 2007 5:30 am
- Posts Per Page: Adelaide
BC2009 Gobiodon Quinquestrigatus (Foxxy2727)
Last edited by foxxy2727 on Sun Jul 26, 2009 9:10 am, edited 4 times in total.
-
foxxy2727
- RTAW Reefer
- Posts: 92
- Joined: Thu Aug 09, 2007 5:30 am
- Posts Per Page: Adelaide
I picked up these guys on Thursday Gobiodon prolixus (please correct me if i'm wrong) , I don't know much about them or their breeding cycle, can't be too different from other Gobiodon. species - I hope.
Can't find much info on them at all - the info I have so far was written for the Australian Museum by Winterbottom, R. & A.S. Harold.
http://australianmuseum.net.au/a-Coral- ... biodon-pro
He writes that they grow to 3.2cm & larger, the one I have (if that is the species I have) is approx. 4cm i'm hoping this will work in my favour with raising the larvae.
The larger one has a reddy/orange face with irridescent blue vertical stripes & blackish/brown/grey body & tail.
The other one is an allover red/orange.
Here are some pics of the largest one


some feedback would be greatly appriciated, thanks.
Can't find much info on them at all - the info I have so far was written for the Australian Museum by Winterbottom, R. & A.S. Harold.
http://australianmuseum.net.au/a-Coral- ... biodon-pro
He writes that they grow to 3.2cm & larger, the one I have (if that is the species I have) is approx. 4cm i'm hoping this will work in my favour with raising the larvae.
The larger one has a reddy/orange face with irridescent blue vertical stripes & blackish/brown/grey body & tail.
The other one is an allover red/orange.
Here are some pics of the largest one


some feedback would be greatly appriciated, thanks.