BC 2009 Gobiodon histrio (Mr Miagi)

Journals for the 2009 Breeders Challenge, Gobiodon sp.

Moderators: Moderators, Promotions, Competitions & Sponsorship

Mr Miagi
Old Sea Dog Reefer
Posts: 4468
Joined: Thu Jun 30, 2005 6:29 am
Posts Per Page: Adelaide, SA

BC 2009 Gobiodon histrio (Mr Miagi)

Post by Mr Miagi »

Username: Mr Miagi
Species: Gobiodon histrio
Social Structure: Single Pair
Size of Individuals: 2cm+
Age of Individuals: 1.5yr+
Date added to Tank: Friday 10th of July

Broodstock Tank Details
Size of Tank:
Substrate Details: LR rubble
Filtration Details: Natural methods. Macro-algae
Water Changes: N/A ATM
Water Temperature: 27C
Lighting: 1x 70W MH, 20K
Lighting Cycle: 12 hours
Other Tank Inhabitants: Pair of Orange Occellaris Clownfish

Broodstock Feeding Details
Food Types: Frozen Hikari Mysis, Brineshrimp, and Bloodworm. Dried NLS Pellets and Flake. DIY food mix asap.
Feeding Schedule: Twice daily.

Spawning Details
Date of First Spawn:
Dates of Consecutive Spawns:

Larval Tank Details
Size of Larval Tank:
Substrate Details:
Other Tank Decor:
Filtration Details:
Lighting:
Lighting Cycle:
Water Changes:

Larval Feeding Details
Food Types:
Feeding Schedule:

Additional Information
Miscellaneous Information:

Individual #1:
Image
Image
Last edited by Mr Miagi on Sun Nov 15, 2009 12:19 am, edited 1 time in total.
--Cheers, Benny
Mr Miagi
Old Sea Dog Reefer
Posts: 4468
Joined: Thu Jun 30, 2005 6:29 am
Posts Per Page: Adelaide, SA

Post by Mr Miagi »

Anyone had experience with Gobiodon laying eggs atleast, mine are VERY fat around the belly. Very distinct bulges happening. Need to get pics ASAP.

Do I need a seperate thread if I have a pair of G. okinawae now? ;)
--Cheers, Benny
Chris
Too Much Time On My Hands Reefer
Posts: 5146
Joined: Tue Feb 04, 2003 12:13 pm
Posts Per Page: Townsville

Post by Chris »

ben you probably do need a seperate thread, as the spawning etc may very well be different for different species.

I dont know anything about this group, but i would assume a fattening would only last a day maybe 2.

Christian
Mr Miagi
Old Sea Dog Reefer
Posts: 4468
Joined: Thu Jun 30, 2005 6:29 am
Posts Per Page: Adelaide, SA

Post by Mr Miagi »

Chris wrote:ben you probably do need a seperate thread, as the spawning etc may very well be different for different species.

I dont know anything about this group, but i would assume a fattening would only last a day maybe 2.

Christian


Well I was excited to recieve my two G. okinawae, and they settled in and acclimatised well. They were sharing a frag tank with my pair of B&W O's, but one has "vanished". I even placed some foam on the overflows, so there is NO chance they could fall into the return pump in the third (and bottom) tank. My initial thought was B&W O aggression, but thewy show NONE to the one remaining goby. He even sits with them and uses their pot, and no chasing/aggression whatso-ever. He was the smaller of the two, so perhaps he was weak and just passed naturally.

Dissapointed, but I might have a new thread in here with another species by tonight, stay tuned! :pirate:

Edit: Picked up Another G. okinawae today. Much bigger, and was eating brine like a champ at the LFS. Also bought a pair of G. erythrospilus, which I could not see eating in the LFS. They were large, and had full stomach cavities, but it was a gamble.
--Cheers, Benny
lux_06
Old Sea Dog Reefer
Posts: 3189
Joined: Mon Jul 03, 2006 3:22 am
Posts Per Page: Adelaide, SA

Post by lux_06 »

Mr Miagi wrote:. Also bought a pair of G. erythrospilus, which I could not see eating in the LFS. They were large, and had full stomach cavities, but it was a gamble.


which lfs? and did you organise that or just by chance?
"If the bottle can hold it, So can I"
Mr Miagi
Old Sea Dog Reefer
Posts: 4468
Joined: Thu Jun 30, 2005 6:29 am
Posts Per Page: Adelaide, SA

Post by Mr Miagi »

lux_06 wrote:
Mr Miagi wrote:. Also bought a pair of G. erythrospilus, which I could not see eating in the LFS. They were large, and had full stomach cavities, but it was a gamble.


which lfs? and did you organise that or just by chance?


Seaview. It was by chance, Nam walked in, saw them, and called me straight away.

As of this morning, one was dead. I took him out, and he has severe head injuries, which I couldnt see in the bag. He is preserved in Vodka until I can get him to uni and see whats in his stomach. :( Im getting tired of these losses.
--Cheers, Benny
lux_06
Old Sea Dog Reefer
Posts: 3189
Joined: Mon Jul 03, 2006 3:22 am
Posts Per Page: Adelaide, SA

Post by lux_06 »

ah spewin
"If the bottle can hold it, So can I"
Jesster
RTAW Veteran Reefer
Posts: 1379
Joined: Thu Jan 08, 2009 6:06 am
Posts Per Page: Adelaide

Post by Jesster »

how ya going with this ben?
Cheers

Jesse
Mr Miagi
Old Sea Dog Reefer
Posts: 4468
Joined: Thu Jun 30, 2005 6:29 am
Posts Per Page: Adelaide, SA

Post by Mr Miagi »

Noticed today one has taken a ride to the second tier Jesse, perhaps not helping my chances in the comp... :pirate:
--Cheers, Benny
Jesster
RTAW Veteran Reefer
Posts: 1379
Joined: Thu Jan 08, 2009 6:06 am
Posts Per Page: Adelaide

Post by Jesster »

damn, they just dont want to behave :pirate:

maybe play some fishy porn and put on some barry white to get them in the mood :thumbsup:
Cheers

Jesse
Post Reply

Return to “BC 2009”