Hi all thought it was about time I started a journal standard 6x2x2 tank running 2 aqua-medic riff 500 filter units and twin turboflotor 1000 protein skimmers in sump.Lighting is aqua vital mg1500 unit with 14000k halides and actinic p-compacts also 6ft T8 fluro with actinic tubes. Cabinet & Hood home-made. Pic of sump Live stock fish 1 comet grouper 1 blue tang 1 Sailfin Tang 1 scopaz tang 1 foxface 2-chromis 1 Bicolour blenny 1 coral beauty 1 odonus trigger 3 ocellaris clown 1 yellow tang 2 anemones 1 blue linkia star 2 Pj cardinals 1 coris wrasse 1 pair square block anthias
Last edited by terbit on Sun Mar 10, 2013 10:11 am, edited 11 times in total.
Just added what should be my last fish to the system a small cleaner wrasse it's funny to watch the other fish pull up midstream for him to have a go at them. PS:can anyone give me any hints as to why when I take a picture of full tank it looks yellow but when I am close up it comes out the normal colour of tank?Also I might have to see if any-one is interseted in the odonus trigger as he is starting to get a bit aggresive towards the other fish in the tank. FTS looking yellow yet again
Last edited by terbit on Thu Feb 18, 2010 9:07 am, edited 1 time in total.
"The greater danger for most of us lies not in setting our aim too high and falling short, but in setting our aim too low, and achieving it." Michelangelo
Thanks Spides and Tony Has any-one else had a halide globe explode ? On Wed night I had one explode,I was in the back of the house and heard it go off.Nearly SH#* myself I thought the tank had exploded. On Thur pulled the unit down to replace the globe only to find the end had welded to the holder went to electrical wholesalers to get a replacement holder only to be asked what is it? I ended up having to strip down a shop fitter and modifying the pendant to suit it what a p#*#k of a job.
terbit wrote:can anyone give me any hints as to why when I take a picture of full tank it looks yellow but when I am close up it comes out the normal colour of tank?