Edi's 1200x750x470 Sunlit tank - Updated 16/06/2016

The purpose of this forum is to allow people to showcase their tanks, and allow other uses to ask questions on equipment, livestock, methodology etc.

Moderators: Moderators, Promotions, Competitions & Sponsorship, Mod: Tank Journals

Post Reply
jordan
Old Sea Dog Reefer
Posts: 2530
Joined: Mon Dec 20, 2004 6:40 am
Posts Per Page: Concord, NSW

Re: Edi's 1200x750x470 Sunlit tank - Pics intensive 2/4/15

Post by jordan »

Looking good Edi. When they colour up I will have some frags :poke:
Current tank Spec:Current 5x2x2 tank here
Old Tank Spec: Old 4ft tank here
Tank Spec (shut down): 4x3x2 New tank here
blacjack
Old Sea Dog Reefer
Posts: 2383
Joined: Fri Apr 13, 2007 9:01 am
Posts Per Page: Orange, NSW
Contact:

Re: Edi's 1200x750x470 Sunlit tank - Pics intensive 2/4/15

Post by blacjack »

I would expect faster growth than fast colour under natural light.
RedLineR
Old Sea Dog Reefer
Posts: 3021
Joined: Wed Jan 11, 2006 11:31 am
Posts Per Page: Sydney

Re: Edi's 1200x750x470 Sunlit tank - Pics intensive 2/4/15

Post by RedLineR »

ryanrid wrote:you usually experiment on making colorful SPS brown so good on you for trying something different :clap:

Hate to say it, but it's true and valid point lol

jordan wrote:Looking good Edi. When they colour up I will have some frags :poke:

You know you love brown frags. I got the birdnest frag for ya already.

blacjack wrote:I would expect faster growth than fast colour under natural light.

Hopefully we get both :thumbsup:
jordan
Old Sea Dog Reefer
Posts: 2530
Joined: Mon Dec 20, 2004 6:40 am
Posts Per Page: Concord, NSW

Re: Edi's 1200x750x470 Sunlit tank - Pics intensive 2/4/15

Post by jordan »

RedLineR wrote:You know you love brown frags. I got the birdnest frag for ya already.


Sweet... the other birdsnest frags I got off you last time are turning pink! I have a pink mill that I have if you want a frag of. Let me know. You should come over and get some frags too.
Current tank Spec:Current 5x2x2 tank here
Old Tank Spec: Old 4ft tank here
Tank Spec (shut down): 4x3x2 New tank here
saltydog
Old Sea Dog Reefer
Posts: 2618
Joined: Sat Jul 16, 2005 2:50 pm
Posts Per Page: sydney

Re: Edi's 1200x750x470 Sunlit tank - Pics intensive 2/4/15

Post by saltydog »

Looking good Edi :thumbsup:

Chris
DTSTTCPW
RedLineR
Old Sea Dog Reefer
Posts: 3021
Joined: Wed Jan 11, 2006 11:31 am
Posts Per Page: Sydney

Re: Edi's 1200x750x470 Sunlit tank - Pics intensive 2/4/15

Post by RedLineR »

Ok I've been super lazy with updates. Just a quick latest updates on my lil brown expirment about 2 months on. Lets compare it

SPS 1.
28 April 15
Image
Image

22 June 15
Image
Image

SPS 2.
28 April 15
Image
Image

22 June 15
Image
Image

SPS 3.
28 April 15
Image
Image

22 June 15
Image
Image

SPS 4.
28 April 15
Image
Image

22 June 15
Image
Image


SPS 5.
28 April 15
Image
Image

22 June 15
Image
Image
RedLineR
Old Sea Dog Reefer
Posts: 3021
Joined: Wed Jan 11, 2006 11:31 am
Posts Per Page: Sydney

Re: Edi's 1200x750x470 Sunlit tank - Pics intensive 2/4/15

Post by RedLineR »

Other cool SPS been colouring and growing.
Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image
Alf D
Old Sea Dog Reefer
Posts: 4321
Joined: Thu May 20, 2004 9:59 pm
Posts Per Page: Fountaindale...Central Coast

Re: Edi's 1200x750x470 Sunlit tank - Pics intensive 2/4/15

Post by Alf D »

Getting some nice colours and growth there Edi
jestronix
Centurion Reefer
Posts: 187
Joined: Mon Oct 20, 2008 11:03 am
Posts Per Page: Brisbane

Re: Edi's 1200x750x470 Sunlit tank - Pics intensive 2/4/15

Post by jestronix »

Man that is s tarting to look sweet, nothing like real sun light hey :) I found sometimes things got burnt from too much par but nothing beats mother nature. I had to move my tank away due to moving the loungeroom around, MH T5 and led mix is ok but its not like the sun. Im actually seriously looking at buying a plasma LEP for my setup. Flanked by either blue led or T5 actinic.

Love the week, tagging along.
its all about learning.
Sailfin
RTAW Veteran Reefer
Posts: 1954
Joined: Sun Feb 19, 2006 4:14 am
Posts Per Page: Sydney N.S.W.

Re: Edi's 1200x750x470 Sunlit tank - Pics intensive 2/4/15

Post by Sailfin »

Lookin mighty fine Edi
Smile & have a Nice Day
Post Reply

Return to “Reef Tanks (101 - 799 Litres)”