Choppa's Trigon 350 (shutdown)

The purpose of this forum is to allow people to showcase their tanks, and allow other uses to ask questions on equipment, livestock, methodology etc.
Specifically for Diverse Tanks (Cubes, Squares, Triangular) (Fish Only with Live Rock, Predator Tanks, Temperate Tanks) (non-photosynthetic tanks, Marine Plant/Algae Tanks, Greenhouse Tanks)

Moderators: Moderators, Promotions, Competitions & Sponsorship, Mod: Tank Journals

Post Reply
WIGARUS
Centurion Reefer
Posts: 141
Joined: Sun Aug 29, 2010 5:25 am
Posts Per Page: Perth, WA

Re: Choppa's Trigon 350 (tear down and rescape)

Post by WIGARUS »

I can sympathize with the water on the floor...

I have a Ryobi wet / dry vacuum that I bought for the shed and it has had far more use for water spills than shed work :(
Choppa
RTAW Veteran Reefer
Posts: 1186
Joined: Sun Jan 23, 2011 5:32 am
Posts Per Page: Perth WA

Re: Choppa's Trigon 350 (new ATS )

Post by Choppa »

Hunky Dory wrote:Lol "still in the hole" -With new gear I avoid any grief or approval issues by waiting until she's either out or asleep before installing. :devil:
The new scape's very cool, makes the tank appear larger to :thumbsup:


Thanks for the tips :) - she said as long as I spend the same on her it's even (hehehe - one mp10 for her, one mp10 for me - even :devil: )

some_one wrote:Nice scape Chop :thumbsup:

Do you still have the Ric garden?

Water on the floor is inevitable with fish tanks :devil:


Thanks - yep but it will be a ric cove now :) - I took the opportunity to chop them while I was moving things around :)

WIGARUS wrote:I can sympathize with the water on the floor...

I have a Ryobi wet / dry vacuum that I bought for the shed and it has had far more use for water spills than shed work :(


Lol - that's what I used too - my workshop vac - but will mist likely be up for a carpet clean too :(

I need a dedicated fish room like your set up :nod:

Chop
Hasten Slowly
Dear old dad
Choppa
RTAW Veteran Reefer
Posts: 1186
Joined: Sun Jan 23, 2011 5:32 am
Posts Per Page: Perth WA

Re: Choppa's Trigon 350 (tear down and rescape)

Post by Choppa »

My clown fish have finaly laid some eggs

Image


Chop
Hasten Slowly
Dear old dad
Hunky Dory
Bicentenary Reefer
Posts: 232
Joined: Thu Feb 07, 2013 1:17 am
Posts Per Page: Melbourne

Re: Choppa's Trigon 350 (tear down and rescape)

Post by Hunky Dory »

That's awesome chop, I wish my clown wasn't such a black widow, I gave up after the murder of her third husband! :wall:
Choppa
RTAW Veteran Reefer
Posts: 1186
Joined: Sun Jan 23, 2011 5:32 am
Posts Per Page: Perth WA

Re: Choppa's Trigon 350 (tear down and rescape)

Post by Choppa »

Lol

I've had mine for about a year now with nothing, but 2 weeks ago I picked up yet another BTA for them to host in which they now have and voila :thumbsup:
Hasten Slowly
Dear old dad
Choppa
RTAW Veteran Reefer
Posts: 1186
Joined: Sun Jan 23, 2011 5:32 am
Posts Per Page: Perth WA

Re: Choppa's Trigon 350

Post by Choppa »

Getting some nice shimmer in the tank still. The new mp10's are really stirring it up :thumbsup:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s4pvPWIi1BM

Chop
Hasten Slowly
Dear old dad
Choppa
RTAW Veteran Reefer
Posts: 1186
Joined: Sun Jan 23, 2011 5:32 am
Posts Per Page: Perth WA

Re: Choppa's Trigon 350

Post by Choppa »

Have been getting heaps of pods in the tank since the ATS install

Here is a vid of some shrimp fry eating them.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VR-OX6JHBto

Chop
Hasten Slowly
Dear old dad
Choppa
RTAW Veteran Reefer
Posts: 1186
Joined: Sun Jan 23, 2011 5:32 am
Posts Per Page: Perth WA

Re: Choppa's Trigon 350

Post by Choppa »

Hasten Slowly
Dear old dad
petergriffin
Veteran Reefer
Posts: 728
Joined: Thu Apr 19, 2012 3:25 am
Posts Per Page: Perth

Re: Choppa's Trigon 350

Post by petergriffin »

Very nice job mate the velux is working out well for you.. The substrate looks nice and clean too.

Looks great.
JOIN MASWA TODAY... I HAVE OPINIONS GET USED TO THEM, IM NOT GOING ANYWHERE!
Choppa
RTAW Veteran Reefer
Posts: 1186
Joined: Sun Jan 23, 2011 5:32 am
Posts Per Page: Perth WA

Re: Choppa's Trigon 350

Post by Choppa »

petergriffin wrote:Very nice job mate the velux is working out well for you.. The substrate looks nice and clean too.

Looks great.



Thanks, I think the colour is gradually coming back on some of the purple acros because of it. I'll know more once summer hits.
Hasten Slowly
Dear old dad
Post Reply

Return to “Diverse Tanks (Refer Description)”