Cale W's 250L SPS Coral Cube (pic int.)

The purpose of this forum is to allow people to showcase their tanks, and allow other uses to ask questions on equipment, livestock, methodology etc.
Specifically for Diverse Tanks (Cubes, Squares, Triangular) (Fish Only with Live Rock, Predator Tanks, Temperate Tanks) (non-photosynthetic tanks, Marine Plant/Algae Tanks, Greenhouse Tanks)

Moderators: Moderators, Promotions, Competitions & Sponsorship, Mod: Tank Journals

Post Reply
Rod the Reefer
Too Much Time On My Hands Reefer
Posts: 6683
Joined: Fri Jul 15, 2005 2:42 am
Posts Per Page: Greenhill, Adelaide, SA

Re: Cale W's 250L SPS Coral Cube (pic int.)

Post by Rod the Reefer »

Very nice Cale.

Rod. :thumbsup:
consoletech
RTAW Veteran Reefer
Posts: 1064
Joined: Sun Sep 17, 2006 9:04 am
Posts Per Page: Onkaparinga Hills, SA

Re: Cale W's 250L SPS Coral Cube (pic int.)

Post by consoletech »

[quote="Cale W"]venus anemone shrimp resting on a ricordia
Image

Awesome ric mate, thats very cool.
Simon
Cale W
Bicentenary Reefer
Posts: 412
Joined: Sun Jan 21, 2007 11:32 am
Posts Per Page: Adelaide SA

Re: Cale W's 250L SPS Coral Cube (pic int.)

Post by Cale W »

Thanks Simon. I have two of them and am looking for a trade for a straigh orange.

Here are a few progress shots so you can get a feel for the layout. The first 3 shots were just taken on my galaxsy s2 as reference so excuse the quality.

18/4/2012
Image

12/5
Image

7/6
Image

7/8
Image

16/10 - removed and replaced the big acro on the right as wasnt doing much and moved a few things around. Excuse the dragons tongue - i removed about half of it last week as it was almost to the surface of the water.
Image
250L cube, ATI 8x24W Sunpower, Profilux + dosing system, Oceans Motions 2-way + Tunze Nanostreams, Deltect AP701 - in Adelaide
fishguy23
Old Sea Dog Reefer
Posts: 2661
Joined: Thu Feb 18, 2010 9:25 am
Posts Per Page: wamuran, QLD.

Re: Cale W's 250L SPS Coral Cube (pic int.)

Post by fishguy23 »

very nice, what bulb combo are you running in your sunpower love the colour its putting out.
consoletech
RTAW Veteran Reefer
Posts: 1064
Joined: Sun Sep 17, 2006 9:04 am
Posts Per Page: Onkaparinga Hills, SA

Re: Cale W's 250L SPS Coral Cube (pic int.)

Post by consoletech »

Cale W wrote:Thanks Simon. I have two of them and am looking for a trade for a straigh orange.


I can help you out with an orange ric, I have a few shades available.

Very nice looking tank too, very neat. I see you had LEDs and are now running on T5s, the LEDs could not cut it?
Cale W
Bicentenary Reefer
Posts: 412
Joined: Sun Jan 21, 2007 11:32 am
Posts Per Page: Adelaide SA

Re: Cale W's 250L SPS Coral Cube (pic int.)

Post by Cale W »

Sounds good. Come and take a look and we can sort out a trade or two! Yes, i wasnt completely happy with the spectrum of the maxspect 160 and the blue leds had burnt out and needed replacement. I also had reservations about the spread. I looked seriously at the ecotech units but there weren't proven results for the cost. I know i can get fantastic results with t5s. I anticipate going back to leds as they clearly have the brightest of futures once they fix the kinks and I find a unit that I'm impressed by.
250L cube, ATI 8x24W Sunpower, Profilux + dosing system, Oceans Motions 2-way + Tunze Nanostreams, Deltect AP701 - in Adelaide
Cale W
Bicentenary Reefer
Posts: 412
Joined: Sun Jan 21, 2007 11:32 am
Posts Per Page: Adelaide SA

Re: Cale W's 250L SPS Coral Cube (pic int.)

Post by Cale W »

fishguy23 wrote:very nice, what bulb combo are you running in your sunpower love the colour its putting out.


Hi mate. I'll get the exact combo for you when I'm back in adelaide (in melb at the moment). It's something like 3 x ATI blue blus, 2xATI aqua blue, one ATI aqua pink, one giesseman pure actinic and one blue plus (if that exists).
250L cube, ATI 8x24W Sunpower, Profilux + dosing system, Oceans Motions 2-way + Tunze Nanostreams, Deltect AP701 - in Adelaide
Jaguar
Bicentenary Reefer
Posts: 461
Joined: Sat Jan 26, 2008 4:10 am
Posts Per Page: Leppington, NSW
Contact:

Re: Cale W's 250L SPS Coral Cube (pic int.)

Post by Jaguar »

Yeah I think I'm switching to T-5 as well soon, the T-5 looks great! :thumbsup: Curious what the size on this tank is? For my needs, trying to figure out if 4 is okay or if I need 6 bulbs for my 2ft cube. Beautiful tank!
19simon79
Curious Reefer
Posts: 29
Joined: Sun Apr 18, 2010 4:11 pm
Posts Per Page: Melbourne

Re: Cale W's 250L SPS Coral Cube (pic int.)

Post by 19simon79 »

:poke:
Cale W
Bicentenary Reefer
Posts: 412
Joined: Sun Jan 21, 2007 11:32 am
Posts Per Page: Adelaide SA

Re: Cale W's 250L SPS Coral Cube (pic int.)

Post by Cale W »

It has been a while so i thought i should post a few photos. Things are steady at present but i have had a couple problems over the last 4-6months as most do. The first was a parasitic red fibrous algae which caused a couple of my favourite acros to STN before i could get it under control. The second was a crash in alk levels because i accidentally disconnected the profilux dosing pump power supply for a week before realising which claimed another two and caused the colours to really deteriorate. I have lost a few of my Anthias to unknown causes despite being in good body condition score and eating fantastically (including my ventralis eating spectrum pellets).

blue stage growing well,
Image
as is the orange montipora
Image
and the green acropora is colouring up well but still waiting it to sprout
Image
whereas the purple tipped green polyp acro has coloured up well
Image
250L cube, ATI 8x24W Sunpower, Profilux + dosing system, Oceans Motions 2-way + Tunze Nanostreams, Deltect AP701 - in Adelaide
Post Reply

Return to “Diverse Tanks (Refer Description)”