What happened to RTAW?
Moderator: Moderators
-
SantaMonica
- Centurion Reefer
- Posts: 108
- Joined: Mon Jun 15, 2015 4:32 pm
- Posts Per Page: Santa Monica, California, USA
-
jayellul
- Old Sea Dog Reefer
- Posts: 2471
- Joined: Wed May 23, 2012 10:26 am
- Posts Per Page: Lake Macquarie
-
jayellul
- Old Sea Dog Reefer
- Posts: 2471
- Joined: Wed May 23, 2012 10:26 am
- Posts Per Page: Lake Macquarie
Re: What happened to RTAW?
NiCd wrote:With the ban on Facebook advertising livestock, is there a possibility of us stepping up our classified section with photos functions etc to maybe help drive back vistors?
WHy have facebook banned livestock selling? My partner is into chickens and people are always buying selling swapping them????
I have not been on facebook for over a year now its been great
-
colg
- Veteran Reefer
- Posts: 640
- Joined: Sat Aug 04, 2012 6:12 am
- Posts Per Page: Mackay
Re: What happened to RTAW?
pretty sure it is a blanket ban on live animal sales in 'their' effort to do something about cat and dog farms.
-
Combatants
- Bicentenary Reefer
- Posts: 213
- Joined: Mon Jan 04, 2010 11:07 am
- Posts Per Page: Warrnambool, Vic
Re: What happened to RTAW?
Correct, Animal sales are banned.
Cats/Dogs must be microchipped and come from registered breeders or the page will be shutdown.
I agree with others, time for a Forum 2.0.
Leaders of the Various MASA societies, how active are your members? Do you operate member only forums which have more life than this?
Cats/Dogs must be microchipped and come from registered breeders or the page will be shutdown.
I agree with others, time for a Forum 2.0.
Leaders of the Various MASA societies, how active are your members? Do you operate member only forums which have more life than this?
-
NiCd
- Old Sea Dog Reefer
- Posts: 2420
- Joined: Wed Dec 17, 2008 9:23 am
- Posts Per Page: Sydney
Re: What happened to RTAW?
If there are integration issues perhaps just have the old one running as an archive and look at getting a new one up and running with a good classifieds section and some more basic categories than before?
-
Macca_75
- Old Sea Dog Reefer
- Posts: 2772
- Joined: Mon Mar 22, 2004 3:40 am
- Posts Per Page: SE subrubs, Melbourne, Victoria, AU
Re: What happened to RTAW?
NiCd wrote:If there are integration issues perhaps just have the old one running as an archive and look at getting a new one up and running with a good classifieds section and some more basic categories than before?
If there was a like button I would click it.
-
Combatants
- Bicentenary Reefer
- Posts: 213
- Joined: Mon Jan 04, 2010 11:07 am
- Posts Per Page: Warrnambool, Vic
Re: What happened to RTAW?
To the MASOX communities.
If this forum is to be reborn / rebuilt / migrated.
I would like to suggest this platform - https://invisioncommunity.com/
A number of other communities I am apart of use this forum platform and it works very effectively with very small IT requirements to keep operational.
If this forum is to be reborn / rebuilt / migrated.
I would like to suggest this platform - https://invisioncommunity.com/
A number of other communities I am apart of use this forum platform and it works very effectively with very small IT requirements to keep operational.
-
NiCd
- Old Sea Dog Reefer
- Posts: 2420
- Joined: Wed Dec 17, 2008 9:23 am
- Posts Per Page: Sydney
Re: What happened to RTAW?
Looks pretty good, i think we would need to end up hosting it though as the data storage allowances look pretty restrictive on the cloud-based system if we started hosting our own images and vids.
I like the idea of being able to use google adsense as well, so even if direct sponsorship isnt was it used to be we could rely on that to hopefully pad out the difference.
It looks like they have inhouse design team as well, I wonder what it would cost for them to do the hard work considering one of the issues that have been stopping something like this happening is the people within the inner circle of trust are too time poor to do it.
I like the idea of being able to use google adsense as well, so even if direct sponsorship isnt was it used to be we could rely on that to hopefully pad out the difference.
It looks like they have inhouse design team as well, I wonder what it would cost for them to do the hard work considering one of the issues that have been stopping something like this happening is the people within the inner circle of trust are too time poor to do it.
-
Combatants
- Bicentenary Reefer
- Posts: 213
- Joined: Mon Jan 04, 2010 11:07 am
- Posts Per Page: Warrnambool, Vic
Re: What happened to RTAW?
Free image hosting via Imgur (following on from large communities like Reddit)
https://imgur.com/
According to the pricing page
"Design Service starts at $850"
I'm sure for us to have the classified section added would be custom consulting.
https://imgur.com/
According to the pricing page
"Design Service starts at $850"
I'm sure for us to have the classified section added would be custom consulting.
