SLS - HUGE Reef Tank *New Pic's 15/12/09*
Moderators: Moderators, Promotions, Competitions & Sponsorship, Mod: Tank Journals
-
SLS
- Centurion Reefer
- Posts: 123
- Joined: Sun Jun 25, 2006 7:04 am
- Posts Per Page: Kingsford, NSW
- Contact:
Hey Jamie,
Your welcome over anytime. Im sure you'll have something to offer... (wasn't there a red monti you had?? hehehe)
Kind regards,
George
Your welcome over anytime. Im sure you'll have something to offer... (wasn't there a red monti you had?? hehehe)
Kind regards,
George
Part of the Aquariums Australia Pty Ltd group of companies
Slippery Little Suckers
632 Anzac Pde, Kingsford NSW 2032
Ph: 02 9315 5288
http://www.slipperylittlesuckers.com
[directory]190[/directory]
See my 8x2.5x2.5 Journal: viewtopic.php?t=196665
Slippery Little Suckers
632 Anzac Pde, Kingsford NSW 2032
Ph: 02 9315 5288
http://www.slipperylittlesuckers.com
[directory]190[/directory]
See my 8x2.5x2.5 Journal: viewtopic.php?t=196665
-
SLS
- Centurion Reefer
- Posts: 123
- Joined: Sun Jun 25, 2006 7:04 am
- Posts Per Page: Kingsford, NSW
- Contact:
New Pics 15/12/09
Update Time!!!!
Hey Guys,
Thought I would share some more pics of my Reef Aquarium:
Coral Frags:

Assorted Coral:

Hammerhead:

Acan:

Tommeni Tang:

Clown:

Bi-Colour Blenny:

Blue Tang:

More Coral and Tank Shots!!!







Kind regards,
George
Hey Guys,
Thought I would share some more pics of my Reef Aquarium:
Coral Frags:

Assorted Coral:

Hammerhead:

Acan:

Tommeni Tang:

Clown:

Bi-Colour Blenny:

Blue Tang:

More Coral and Tank Shots!!!







Kind regards,
George
Part of the Aquariums Australia Pty Ltd group of companies
Slippery Little Suckers
632 Anzac Pde, Kingsford NSW 2032
Ph: 02 9315 5288
http://www.slipperylittlesuckers.com
[directory]190[/directory]
See my 8x2.5x2.5 Journal: viewtopic.php?t=196665
Slippery Little Suckers
632 Anzac Pde, Kingsford NSW 2032
Ph: 02 9315 5288
http://www.slipperylittlesuckers.com
[directory]190[/directory]
See my 8x2.5x2.5 Journal: viewtopic.php?t=196665
-
Lukey
- Old Sea Dog Reefer
- Posts: 3568
- Joined: Tue Oct 20, 2009 7:21 am
- Posts Per Page: Newcastle, NSW
-
tOiletduck
- Bicentenary Reefer
- Posts: 253
- Joined: Sun May 14, 2006 10:35 am
- Posts Per Page: Upwey, Melbourne, Australia
-
Tom the Reefer
- RTAW Veteran Reefer
- Posts: 1368
- Joined: Thu Jul 02, 2009 5:25 am
- Posts Per Page: Yeppoon Capricorn Coast QLD
-
SLS
- Centurion Reefer
- Posts: 123
- Joined: Sun Jun 25, 2006 7:04 am
- Posts Per Page: Kingsford, NSW
- Contact:
Thankyou very much to everyone for your replies!!
I will pull the 105mm Macro lens out and get some close ups shortly.
Kind regards,
George
I will pull the 105mm Macro lens out and get some close ups shortly.
Kind regards,
George
Part of the Aquariums Australia Pty Ltd group of companies
Slippery Little Suckers
632 Anzac Pde, Kingsford NSW 2032
Ph: 02 9315 5288
http://www.slipperylittlesuckers.com
[directory]190[/directory]
See my 8x2.5x2.5 Journal: viewtopic.php?t=196665
Slippery Little Suckers
632 Anzac Pde, Kingsford NSW 2032
Ph: 02 9315 5288
http://www.slipperylittlesuckers.com
[directory]190[/directory]
See my 8x2.5x2.5 Journal: viewtopic.php?t=196665
-
SLS
- Centurion Reefer
- Posts: 123
- Joined: Sun Jun 25, 2006 7:04 am
- Posts Per Page: Kingsford, NSW
- Contact:
Question:
My water chemistry Ca, Mg, are very stable round 400 and 1300, but find my kH dropping without constant dosing of Reef Buffer.
My Ca reactor has automated CO2 via a pH controller and is set at 6.1. Reactor doses for 20min intervals every 2 hours during daylight hours, totalling 120mins. Media is 75% Hydrocarbonate and 25% Dolomite.
Any suggestions on how to balance out the kH by adjusting settings or would a seperate kH reactor be advised??
Kind regards,
George
My water chemistry Ca, Mg, are very stable round 400 and 1300, but find my kH dropping without constant dosing of Reef Buffer.
My Ca reactor has automated CO2 via a pH controller and is set at 6.1. Reactor doses for 20min intervals every 2 hours during daylight hours, totalling 120mins. Media is 75% Hydrocarbonate and 25% Dolomite.
Any suggestions on how to balance out the kH by adjusting settings or would a seperate kH reactor be advised??
Kind regards,
George
Part of the Aquariums Australia Pty Ltd group of companies
Slippery Little Suckers
632 Anzac Pde, Kingsford NSW 2032
Ph: 02 9315 5288
http://www.slipperylittlesuckers.com
[directory]190[/directory]
See my 8x2.5x2.5 Journal: viewtopic.php?t=196665
Slippery Little Suckers
632 Anzac Pde, Kingsford NSW 2032
Ph: 02 9315 5288
http://www.slipperylittlesuckers.com
[directory]190[/directory]
See my 8x2.5x2.5 Journal: viewtopic.php?t=196665
-
Adrianvh
- RTAW Veteran Reefer
- Posts: 1204
- Joined: Wed Aug 29, 2007 8:21 am
- Posts Per Page: melbourne
Dear God
Not many tank journals I comment on but this is a very rare tank indeed. I see you've held back on fish till late in the show and your rock is all the better for it I think. I will be doing the same in the new house/new tank.
I'm a big fan of the less common macro algae growing in the display tanks, kept in check of course.
Are you still running bio balls in the sump?
I must admit when I saw that at start up my eyebrows were a little raised. Not saying its wrong, just that most systems cant handle the huge production of N03 they produce.
Gorgeous system mate
Not many tank journals I comment on but this is a very rare tank indeed. I see you've held back on fish till late in the show and your rock is all the better for it I think. I will be doing the same in the new house/new tank.
I'm a big fan of the less common macro algae growing in the display tanks, kept in check of course.
Are you still running bio balls in the sump?
I must admit when I saw that at start up my eyebrows were a little raised. Not saying its wrong, just that most systems cant handle the huge production of N03 they produce.
Gorgeous system mate

