The purpose of this forum is to allow people to showcase their tanks, and allow other uses to ask questions on equipment, livestock, methodology etc.
Specifically for Diverse Tanks (Cubes, Squares, Triangular) (Fish Only with Live Rock, Predator Tanks, Temperate Tanks) (non-photosynthetic tanks, Marine Plant/Algae Tanks, Greenhouse Tanks)
Just go to your local hardware and get plaster's lime. Builders lime might be OK, but plasters lime is cleaner of impurities, so it can be used when plastering, so it's best to use.
Well it has been some time! I hope your tanks have all been thriving. This system has now been wet for about 5 and a half years now, four years of which I have been interstate in Melbourne for. During this time it was maintained as a fish only system. I have since returned from overseas in Febuary and commenced a new job in Adelaide at the start of this year. I have been slowly rebuilding this system in continuation with the premise of the nano tank I was running in melbourne (picture below):
Hence this system is also sps dominated, planktivore and shrimp based. Here are a couple of quick photos.
I will try and put together a full update shortly. Regards, Cale
250L cube, ATI 8x24W Sunpower, Profilux + dosing system, Oceans Motions 2-way + Tunze Nanostreams, Deltect AP701 - in Adelaide
Hi Jamie. Thanks mate. The design is very different from the original - ill try and place some shots.
All eat well. They are offered fish eggs, lobster eggs, daphnia, spirulina brine, cyclops (both frozen and dry), white mosquito larvae, mysis shrimp, fish mix (flippers) and pellets. Frozen food is intermittently soaked in a vitamin/amino acid supplement solution. They are fed 4-10 times daily.
The first to be added were the dispar, the hardiest and most readily likely to accept frozen food of the selection i wanted for this system. I added 4 (3 females and a male) about 6 months ago. I have since had one of the females jump. About 4 months ago a pair of sunsets were added which settled in well. Three months ago i added the more delicate evansi anthias. I placed 3 in the system (which had gross signs of stress) and lost one about 2 weeks later. The other two have acclimatized well. The most delicate of the them all, the ventralis, were added about a week and a half ago. The temperature of the tank was reduced to 24degrees for their introduction in accordance with their biological preference. They were placed in on the same day a mating pair of helfrichi gobies. The ventralis took about 2 days to gain confidence and have since been eating enriched cyclops and fish eggs well.
250L cube, ATI 8x24W Sunpower, Profilux + dosing system, Oceans Motions 2-way + Tunze Nanostreams, Deltect AP701 - in Adelaide