RobthePom 5x2x2 - Fighters Lagoon

The purpose of this forum is to allow people to showcase their tanks, and allow other uses to ask questions on equipment, livestock, methodology etc.

Moderators: Moderators, Promotions, Competitions & Sponsorship, Mod: Tank Journals

Post Reply
pazz
RTAW Veteran Reefer
Posts: 1396
Joined: Mon Dec 24, 2007 12:21 am
Posts Per Page: clyde north, Victoria

Re: RobthePom 5x2x2 - Fighters Lagoon

Post by pazz »

camo1 wrote:Looks good Rob to bad I can't say the same about the Poms in the cricket!

:withyou: :roflmao:
robthepom
RTAW Veteran Reefer
Posts: 1506
Joined: Mon Dec 14, 2009 4:02 am
Posts Per Page: Gold Coast

Re: RobthePom 5x2x2 - Fighters Lagoon

Post by robthepom »

camo1 wrote:Looks good Rob to bad I can't say the same about the Poms in the cricket!


Hey Ryan, hows things not seen you for ages, any tank running?

Cricket was terrible no spirt or passion, there was only one team playing cricket and is wasn't the poms :(
Rob The Pom Tank Journal - 3 footer

Rob The Pom Tank Journal - 5 footer

There is a fine line between a hobby and a mental illness
robthepom
RTAW Veteran Reefer
Posts: 1506
Joined: Mon Dec 14, 2009 4:02 am
Posts Per Page: Gold Coast

Re: RobthePom 5x2x2 - Fighters Lagoon

Post by robthepom »

fishguy23 wrote:looking good rob, fighter always looks so healthy


Thanks Trav

As you know every tank has a 'fat guts', well heres your ugly fat guts, still loving life and hogging all the food, I use a stick to beat him away or the other fish get nothing. Still a real character and now sits and feeds on my hand

Image
Rob The Pom Tank Journal - 3 footer

Rob The Pom Tank Journal - 5 footer

There is a fine line between a hobby and a mental illness
chromus
I Was Around When Noah Was a Reefer
Posts: 19409
Joined: Wed Sep 16, 2009 11:09 am
Posts Per Page: Atwell, Perth, WA
Contact:

Re: RobthePom 5x2x2 - Fighters Lagoon

Post by chromus »

Such a shame you need to close this down for your new tank :devil:
Did you search RTAW Reefpedia B4 asking your question?

My Tank Journals
8x3x2.5 With Webcam
Tank Monitor (Work in Progress)
My reefs power consumption is offset with solar power
robthepom
RTAW Veteran Reefer
Posts: 1506
Joined: Mon Dec 14, 2009 4:02 am
Posts Per Page: Gold Coast

Re: RobthePom 5x2x2 - Fighters Lagoon

Post by robthepom »

chromus wrote:Such a shame you need to close this down for your new tank :devil:


:roflmao: nice one phil, you little devil :roflmao:

Not gonna happen any time soon, I will just watch and criticise your tank as if it were my own :wavey:

Now go away and

1 get some sand in
2 get rid of those silly smoke stacks
3 you know I hate the arch, so fill it in some more
4 remove those dull fish
5 get some blinds in so I don't have to look at your refection :dead:

Thanks for building my dream tank :roflmao:
Rob The Pom Tank Journal - 3 footer

Rob The Pom Tank Journal - 5 footer

There is a fine line between a hobby and a mental illness
fishguy23
Old Sea Dog Reefer
Posts: 2661
Joined: Thu Feb 18, 2010 9:25 am
Posts Per Page: wamuran, QLD.

Re: RobthePom 5x2x2 - Fighters Lagoon

Post by fishguy23 »

robthepom wrote:
Thanks Trav

As you know every tank has a 'fat guts', well heres your ugly fat guts, still loving life and hogging all the food, I use a stick to beat him away or the other fish get nothing. Still a real character and now sits and feeds on my hand


:roflmao: sounds about right for a lawnmower. glad hes still doing well.
chromus
I Was Around When Noah Was a Reefer
Posts: 19409
Joined: Wed Sep 16, 2009 11:09 am
Posts Per Page: Atwell, Perth, WA
Contact:

Re: RobthePom 5x2x2 - Fighters Lagune

Post by chromus »

robthepom wrote:
Now go away and

1 get some sand in
2 get rid of those silly smoke stacks
3 you know I hate the arch, so fill it in some more
4 remove those dull fish
5 get some blinds in so I don't have to look at your refection :dead:

Thanks for building my dream tank :roflmao:


1. Mid march :book:
2. Almost entirely hidden :poke:
3. Ashes urn replica?
4. I have no dull fish, ur just demanding psychedelics cos you're old enough to have been a hippy in the 60's.
5. That's coming in June/July after the pool, when the retracting roof goes in.

Now get to smashing that wall down and getting a man sized tank, Mrs Pom might let you have a bigger tank if you bought her flowers. :roflmao:
Did you search RTAW Reefpedia B4 asking your question?

My Tank Journals
8x3x2.5 With Webcam
Tank Monitor (Work in Progress)
My reefs power consumption is offset with solar power
robthepom
RTAW Veteran Reefer
Posts: 1506
Joined: Mon Dec 14, 2009 4:02 am
Posts Per Page: Gold Coast

Re: RobthePom 5x2x2 - Fighters Lagoon

Post by robthepom »

I thought I'd share some boring but essential maintenance shots

I don't usually let the pumps get like this, but the one at the back of the tank is quite hard to get at. I soak each pump for 10mins in 50/50 vinegar and RO, then scrape and scrub like hell. What a difference :bunny: :shock: :bunny:

Image

Image

I thought I'd also share my slop, I mean food recipe. I add food throughout the day and evening

2 cubes ON brine
2 cubes ON Mysis both rinsed
ON flake with brime shrimp
ON vegie flake
ON formula 1 & 2 pellets
Cyclopeeze
plus a slice of nori (I rotate the 3 ON flavors)

yummy

Image
Rob The Pom Tank Journal - 3 footer

Rob The Pom Tank Journal - 5 footer

There is a fine line between a hobby and a mental illness
camo1
Old Sea Dog Reefer
Posts: 2067
Joined: Sat Mar 24, 2007 1:11 am
Posts Per Page: Gold Coast

Re: RobthePom 5x2x2 - Fighters Lagoon

Post by camo1 »

robthepom wrote:
camo1 wrote:Looks good Rob to bad I can't say the same about the Poms in the cricket!


Hey Ryan, hows things not seen you for ages, any tank running?

Cricket was terrible no spirt or passion, there was only one team playing cricket and is wasn't the poms :(


Yes it has been Geeza, I have a Rsm 130 empty at the moment doing a couple little mods before it's wet. Now you can pay me out for having a small tank it's ok ill take it on the chin I know I dished it out to you lol.
robthepom
RTAW Veteran Reefer
Posts: 1506
Joined: Mon Dec 14, 2009 4:02 am
Posts Per Page: Gold Coast

Re: RobthePom 5x2x2 - Fighters Lagoon

Post by robthepom »

its been a while, the tank is chugging along, FTS :wavey:

Image

as usual my camera skills do not capture the colours very well :wall:
Rob The Pom Tank Journal - 3 footer

Rob The Pom Tank Journal - 5 footer

There is a fine line between a hobby and a mental illness
Post Reply

Return to “Reef Tanks (101 - 799 Litres)”