SLS - HUGE Reef Tank *New Pic's 15/12/09*
Moderators: Moderators, Promotions, Competitions & Sponsorship, Mod: Tank Journals
-
bradw6860
- RTAW Veteran Reefer
- Posts: 1545
- Joined: Tue Feb 05, 2008 1:11 am
- Posts Per Page: NSW
-
Namn8r
- Old Sea Dog Reefer
- Posts: 3235
- Joined: Mon Jul 09, 2007 9:24 am
- Posts Per Page: Adelaide
Looking good George! Whats your planned stocking lost for fish? 

Ultra Coral Australia
mailto: ? subject= & body=
http://www.ultracoralaustralia.com
https://www.facebook.com/UltraCoralAustraliaPtyLtd
[directory]151[/directory]
http://www.ultracoralaustralia.com
https://www.facebook.com/UltraCoralAustraliaPtyLtd
[directory]151[/directory]
-
jason angel
- Old Sea Dog Reefer
- Posts: 3319
- Joined: Thu Jun 12, 2008 10:17 am
- Posts Per Page: vic
-
SLS
- Centurion Reefer
- Posts: 123
- Joined: Sun Jun 25, 2006 7:04 am
- Posts Per Page: Kingsford, NSW
- Contact:
Hey Guys,
Thankyou for your comments.
I'll be fragging alot from this tank very soon...
Besides the Foxface, Flame Hawk, Bi-Colour Blennie's, and BristleTooth Tang (Tomini) Plans for other fish are unknown at this stage... So many wonderful species to choose from. I definately want small Coral Gobies - Yellow, Green, Orange and Blue. Also open to suggestion.
I will post some pics soon to show the growth rate of the first Acro's. Approx 2cm of growth in less then 3mths.
I got some frags from Greg at Eco Coral Farm's. All the rest of the coral is wild caught.
I have taken a bit of a back seat for this tank since the Ca Reactor was turned on. The Mg, Ca, and Alk are staying very stable!!
Still no water changes since day 1.
Addition of Brightwell Bio-Fuel and AquaSonic Pro-Bac every other day. SeaChem Aqua-Vitro Fuel for Coral feeding and addition of Viberance for Iodine. Full range of tests will be conducted tomorrow to see where everything is at.
The Dosing pump for the AquaMedic Nitrate reductor has given me some trouble. Its not sealing properly. When it comes to a stop, the flow continues, making the automation of control via the mV probe difficult.
Otherwise, very happy with the proformance so far!! And the results.
Kind regards,
George
Thankyou for your comments.
I'll be fragging alot from this tank very soon...
Besides the Foxface, Flame Hawk, Bi-Colour Blennie's, and BristleTooth Tang (Tomini) Plans for other fish are unknown at this stage... So many wonderful species to choose from. I definately want small Coral Gobies - Yellow, Green, Orange and Blue. Also open to suggestion.
I will post some pics soon to show the growth rate of the first Acro's. Approx 2cm of growth in less then 3mths.
I got some frags from Greg at Eco Coral Farm's. All the rest of the coral is wild caught.
I have taken a bit of a back seat for this tank since the Ca Reactor was turned on. The Mg, Ca, and Alk are staying very stable!!
Still no water changes since day 1.
Addition of Brightwell Bio-Fuel and AquaSonic Pro-Bac every other day. SeaChem Aqua-Vitro Fuel for Coral feeding and addition of Viberance for Iodine. Full range of tests will be conducted tomorrow to see where everything is at.
The Dosing pump for the AquaMedic Nitrate reductor has given me some trouble. Its not sealing properly. When it comes to a stop, the flow continues, making the automation of control via the mV probe difficult.
Otherwise, very happy with the proformance so far!! And the results.
Kind regards,
George
Part of the Aquariums Australia Pty Ltd group of companies
Slippery Little Suckers
632 Anzac Pde, Kingsford NSW 2032
Ph: 02 9315 5288
http://www.slipperylittlesuckers.com
[directory]190[/directory]
See my 8x2.5x2.5 Journal: viewtopic.php?t=196665
Slippery Little Suckers
632 Anzac Pde, Kingsford NSW 2032
Ph: 02 9315 5288
http://www.slipperylittlesuckers.com
[directory]190[/directory]
See my 8x2.5x2.5 Journal: viewtopic.php?t=196665
-
SLS
- Centurion Reefer
- Posts: 123
- Joined: Sun Jun 25, 2006 7:04 am
- Posts Per Page: Kingsford, NSW
- Contact:
Hey Guys,
Heres some of the comparitive pic's to show growth of the Acro's and more... Some of these corals have grown over 3cm+ in 3mths.


Before

After







Kind regards,
George
Heres some of the comparitive pic's to show growth of the Acro's and more... Some of these corals have grown over 3cm+ in 3mths.


Before

After







Kind regards,
George
Part of the Aquariums Australia Pty Ltd group of companies
Slippery Little Suckers
632 Anzac Pde, Kingsford NSW 2032
Ph: 02 9315 5288
http://www.slipperylittlesuckers.com
[directory]190[/directory]
See my 8x2.5x2.5 Journal: viewtopic.php?t=196665
Slippery Little Suckers
632 Anzac Pde, Kingsford NSW 2032
Ph: 02 9315 5288
http://www.slipperylittlesuckers.com
[directory]190[/directory]
See my 8x2.5x2.5 Journal: viewtopic.php?t=196665
-
SLS
- Centurion Reefer
- Posts: 123
- Joined: Sun Jun 25, 2006 7:04 am
- Posts Per Page: Kingsford, NSW
- Contact:
Hey Guys,
As always, Thankyou for your comments.
A few NEW recent addittions.... Enjoy.
Finally got a few pc's of Montipora capricornis






I did experience a few problems after the accidental freshwater flush... The Top-up dosing pump was making some vibration noise whilst operating, so it was turned off. I went away for a week and asked someone to keep an eye on things for me. The sump required topping up, which was conducted manually from the resevoir. Unfortunately, the solenoid for the RO unit was still plugged in, which ment over 300Ltrs of fresh RO water was flushed through the system dropping the salinity from 35ppt down to 21ppt.
I slowly raised the salinity back up over 4-5days by adding RedSea Coral Pro salt to the sump. SHortly after, I experienced my first coral bleaching in this Aquarium. I lost about 4pc's of acro which looked like RTN. Very fast colour loss followed by instant death.
I stabilised the parameters, and the bleaching/RTN stopped after approx 3days.
Just last week, I started to get some more very isolated bleaching on about 3pc's of acro.
Whats strange is, on one hand the acro is growing and colour intensifying. On the other, I have some bleaching and colour loss. Some of the milli's have lost their beautiful colour, looking more orange/brown then green/orange.
I need to get my K - Potassium tested to know exactly what the parameter is. I have dosed with 150ml of Brightwell Potassion for the past 4days, and am noticing some colour returning, and the bleaching has stopped.
Still great proformance from the Aquarium, and im very happy with the progress other then the mis-hap.. These things happen, what can you do??
I think its time this tank got some advice other then my own... lol Who's up for a visit?
Kind regards,
George
As always, Thankyou for your comments.
A few NEW recent addittions.... Enjoy.
Finally got a few pc's of Montipora capricornis






I did experience a few problems after the accidental freshwater flush... The Top-up dosing pump was making some vibration noise whilst operating, so it was turned off. I went away for a week and asked someone to keep an eye on things for me. The sump required topping up, which was conducted manually from the resevoir. Unfortunately, the solenoid for the RO unit was still plugged in, which ment over 300Ltrs of fresh RO water was flushed through the system dropping the salinity from 35ppt down to 21ppt.
I slowly raised the salinity back up over 4-5days by adding RedSea Coral Pro salt to the sump. SHortly after, I experienced my first coral bleaching in this Aquarium. I lost about 4pc's of acro which looked like RTN. Very fast colour loss followed by instant death.
I stabilised the parameters, and the bleaching/RTN stopped after approx 3days.
Just last week, I started to get some more very isolated bleaching on about 3pc's of acro.
Whats strange is, on one hand the acro is growing and colour intensifying. On the other, I have some bleaching and colour loss. Some of the milli's have lost their beautiful colour, looking more orange/brown then green/orange.
I need to get my K - Potassium tested to know exactly what the parameter is. I have dosed with 150ml of Brightwell Potassion for the past 4days, and am noticing some colour returning, and the bleaching has stopped.
Still great proformance from the Aquarium, and im very happy with the progress other then the mis-hap.. These things happen, what can you do??
I think its time this tank got some advice other then my own... lol Who's up for a visit?
Kind regards,
George
Part of the Aquariums Australia Pty Ltd group of companies
Slippery Little Suckers
632 Anzac Pde, Kingsford NSW 2032
Ph: 02 9315 5288
http://www.slipperylittlesuckers.com
[directory]190[/directory]
See my 8x2.5x2.5 Journal: viewtopic.php?t=196665
Slippery Little Suckers
632 Anzac Pde, Kingsford NSW 2032
Ph: 02 9315 5288
http://www.slipperylittlesuckers.com
[directory]190[/directory]
See my 8x2.5x2.5 Journal: viewtopic.php?t=196665
-
jamierk
- Bicentenary Reefer
- Posts: 335
- Joined: Sun Oct 07, 2007 4:09 am
- Posts Per Page: Newcastle, NSW
Hey George, the tank pics look great! I'm not sure my advice will be all that helpful, but a visit would be great!
Ah, the bubbles, the bubbles, the bubbles.. my bubbles.
Jamie's Rimless 24x20x16 Nano Reef
4'x2'x18" Mixed Reef
Rimless Frag and Growout Tank
Jamie's Rimless 24x20x16 Nano Reef
4'x2'x18" Mixed Reef
Rimless Frag and Growout Tank
... Frag it
