Cale W's 250L SPS Coral Cube (pic int.)

The purpose of this forum is to allow people to showcase their tanks, and allow other uses to ask questions on equipment, livestock, methodology etc.
Specifically for Diverse Tanks (Cubes, Squares, Triangular) (Fish Only with Live Rock, Predator Tanks, Temperate Tanks) (non-photosynthetic tanks, Marine Plant/Algae Tanks, Greenhouse Tanks)

Moderators: Moderators, Promotions, Competitions & Sponsorship, Mod: Tank Journals

Post Reply
Rod the Reefer
Too Much Time On My Hands Reefer
Posts: 6683
Joined: Fri Jul 15, 2005 2:42 am
Posts Per Page: Greenhill, Adelaide, SA

Post by Rod the Reefer »

Hey, no worries mate!!

Thought I'd take the opportunity and post pics of the corals Cale has left with me;

#1 Fungia
Image

#2 Hydnophora
Image

#3 Fluoro Trachy - (Took a hit just before I received it.)
Image

#4 Orange Fungia
Image

#5 Clam
Image

#6 Fungia
Image

#7 Acan - (Took a hit just before I received it.)
Image

I hope I can keep them in the manner they are accustom to!

Rod. :thumbsup:
Cale W
Bicentenary Reefer
Posts: 412
Joined: Sun Jan 21, 2007 11:32 am
Posts Per Page: Adelaide SA

Post by Cale W »

Hey Guys and Girls,

Just a quick update on what I'm up to.

I have finally settled in to my new place in Melbourne. I have yet to have a chance to set up a system and my equipment is still split between here and adelaide. My folks are looking after just the fish and live rock atm.

I have commenced working at Coburg Aquarium store on the weekends (mainly sat) and am mainly involved with the marines. Please come and say hello!!!

I am looking at establishing a low bioload, low maintenance nano system using my old jebo by employing a very similar method to Tapio's Nano Reef but with T5 lighting http://haaga.aqua-web.org/Nano/index.htm

I'll keep you all posted.

Hope all is well.

Special thanks to Josh and Rod for housing my corals in their fantastic tanks!
250L cube, ATI 8x24W Sunpower, Profilux + dosing system, Oceans Motions 2-way + Tunze Nanostreams, Deltect AP701 - in Adelaide
Namn8r
Old Sea Dog Reefer
Posts: 3235
Joined: Mon Jul 09, 2007 9:24 am
Posts Per Page: Adelaide

Post by Namn8r »

I was wondering where you had disappeared too! And yes Rod is taking good care of your corals..I was eyeballing your nice peppermint green tracy :)
Rod the Reefer
Too Much Time On My Hands Reefer
Posts: 6683
Joined: Fri Jul 15, 2005 2:42 am
Posts Per Page: Greenhill, Adelaide, SA

Post by Rod the Reefer »

Ummmmmmmm.......

You know the peppermint green Trachy?? :oops:

Well my latest fish, a Singapore Angel liked it. A lot.

I have rescued it though, just in time I think. It is now in the nano and looking much happier.

Rod. :thumbsup:
Mr Miagi
Old Sea Dog Reefer
Posts: 4468
Joined: Thu Jun 30, 2005 6:29 am
Posts Per Page: Adelaide, SA

Post by Mr Miagi »

:poke: Thats it, hand it over Rod. :roflmao: (I was supposed to be keeping an eye on his coral.... :dead:
--Cheers, Benny
Rod the Reefer
Too Much Time On My Hands Reefer
Posts: 6683
Joined: Fri Jul 15, 2005 2:42 am
Posts Per Page: Greenhill, Adelaide, SA

Post by Rod the Reefer »

Hey Cale,

Your profile still says "Adelaide".

There's no place like home!

Rod. :thumbsup:
Cale W
Bicentenary Reefer
Posts: 412
Joined: Sun Jan 21, 2007 11:32 am
Posts Per Page: Adelaide SA

Post by Cale W »

Namn8r
I was wondering where you had disappeared too!


Hi Nam!

I have been suffering withdrawal symptoms as I have been waiting on an internet connection for over a month now. Now i have a huge amount of info and tank progress to catch up on!!

Rod the Reefer

You know the peppermint green Trachy?? Oops

Well my latest fish, a Singapore Angel liked it. A lot.


OUCH! Thats my favorite :wall: Oh well, couldn't be in better hands Rod

:thumbsup:. Do you think it will pull through?


Now what should i do with you Ben :poke:
250L cube, ATI 8x24W Sunpower, Profilux + dosing system, Oceans Motions 2-way + Tunze Nanostreams, Deltect AP701 - in Adelaide
Cale W
Bicentenary Reefer
Posts: 412
Joined: Sun Jan 21, 2007 11:32 am
Posts Per Page: Adelaide SA

Post by Cale W »

Moving my cube over is going to be too hard at present. Resultantly, I'm going get my nano up and running again and thought i would get some input!

The tank is identical to Rod's awesome nano, as shown below (minus the corals of course :o ). Its about 50cm wide, 35 deep and 45 high - roughly 75L

Image

I want to maintain SPS. My main thoughts are on how to set up the tank. I will be using 4 of my 2ft 24W Giesemann T5 and the profilux computer with accompanying 4 unit dosing pump (i have to use it somehow :roflmao: ). I have thought about putting an overflow or pumping up to an overflow system instead. It may well be easier to use Tapio's method, whereby a cannister filter is filled with carbon, phosphate and nitrate remover. It leaves me with nowhere to hide the heater, put the probes and dosing pump inlets though :wall:. Any ideas?

Any ideas are welcome? Any thoughts on a way to build a hood for T5 that suspends above the rim of the tank would also be appreciated.

Furthermore, how have you found the new skimmer Rod? Would it be possible to place the profilux probes and dosing pump tubing in one of the chambers?
(ps. i can't bring myself to changing my location from adelaide...home is where the heart is...for now)

Thanks in advance everyone
250L cube, ATI 8x24W Sunpower, Profilux + dosing system, Oceans Motions 2-way + Tunze Nanostreams, Deltect AP701 - in Adelaide
Rod the Reefer
Too Much Time On My Hands Reefer
Posts: 6683
Joined: Fri Jul 15, 2005 2:42 am
Posts Per Page: Greenhill, Adelaide, SA

Post by Rod the Reefer »

Cale W wrote: Do you think it will pull through?


Yeah, it's OK. :thumbsup:

Cale W wrote: Furthermore, how have you found the new skimmer Rod? Would it be possible to place the profilux probes and dosing pump tubing in one of the chambers?


So far the skimmer looks great! It's starting to produce some skimmate and today I sorted out the micro bubble issue. :pirate:

I reckon you could put your probes etc in a chamber.

Rod. :thumbsup:
catsgrave
Curious Reefer
Posts: 46
Joined: Fri Jan 11, 2008 8:40 am
Posts Per Page: Melbourne

Post by catsgrave »

Hey cale,

The Trachyphyllia that i got from you yesterday is looking good in my tank. I t was closed yesterday but this morning i think it opened up nicely.

The blenny is out exploring as well. :clap:

I have been thinking about kalkwasser from our discussion yesterday. You mentioned its best to use white kalk. Do you know where can i find white kalkwasser?

cheers mate

merv
Post Reply

Return to “Diverse Tanks (Refer Description)”