WANANO - Nano - 75L

The purpose of this forum is to allow people to showcase their tanks, and allow other uses to ask questions on equipment, livestock, methodology etc.
Specifically for Nano and Pico Tanks with a Volume less than 100 litres.

Moderators: Moderators, Promotions, Competitions & Sponsorship, Mod: Tank Journals

Post Reply
WANANO
Veteran Reefer
Posts: 879
Joined: Mon Oct 03, 2005 3:07 am
Posts Per Page: Perth

Re: Zeovit Nano - 80L

Post by WANANO »

Its amazing how much my consumption has gone up since adding the halides (nothing else has changed).

Calcium consumption has increased by 100% a day - holding steady at 430 PPM
KH consumption has increased by 500% a day - holding steady at 8.3 DKH
Magnesium consumption has increased by 700% - holding steady at 1310 PPM

Very happy I went the dual 400W halides. Only positives so far (minus the heat) and I will worry about the electrical bill when it arrives :konk:

Next purchase will be a larger chiller (1/4-1/2 HP should do the job on 75L).

:cheers:
Current Tanks:- 75L SPS Nano

Hobby Experience:- Excess 31Years of research - 24 years of solid reef keeping.

Moto:- The solution to pollution is dilution
WANANO
Veteran Reefer
Posts: 879
Joined: Mon Oct 03, 2005 3:07 am
Posts Per Page: Perth

Re: WANANO - Nano - 75L

Post by WANANO »

Hi All,

Ok here are the latest pictures (tonight). Happy with the way things are going. I have now switched off my protein skimmer and running a pure natural system (well a skimmer is natural but I have always believed they take out a lot of good with the bad - required in a nano - No way).... No3 was too low (0 ppm) so I'm now dosing nitrate around 2.5 PPM a day and colours have improved a lot. NO3 now between 2.5 - 5 PPM (ideal). Po4 is still hovering between 0.003 and 0.04 PPM (not a typo - Hanna LR Phorous meter). IMO PO4 has a lot more impact on SPS colours than high NO3.

Since stopping my skimmer I have noticed my I2 levels remain stable so I have stopped dosing this as well. Really gone back to basics (KH / CA / MG / K+ - major elements). Thats it.

Happy with the Giesemann Spectra on such a small tank (2 x 400W MH + 4 x 54W T5). So far only positives. Not really chasing growth at present, want to work more on colours so I will stick with the Radiums for the time being (with the radiums on such a shallow tank I'm getting the best of both worlds - par + colour).

PAR levels range between 650-850 on the surface. Lowest I have registered was 400 at the bottom of the tank, so no shortage of light.

Anyway lots of pics as below. Getting used to this little camera. Please remember my display is only 40L of water and I have approx 30-35L in my sump area only (max). Keeping levels has been hard on this growing reef and has taken a long time to dial in KH, CA and MG.

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Before I sign off for the night, thanks to Vebas staff for and the lads at AGP (Aquarium Gallery Perth). Plus Ben at Age of Aquariums in QLD.

:cheers:
Current Tanks:- 75L SPS Nano

Hobby Experience:- Excess 31Years of research - 24 years of solid reef keeping.

Moto:- The solution to pollution is dilution
hanzelz
Bicentenary Reefer
Posts: 435
Joined: Wed Jul 15, 2015 3:10 am
Posts Per Page: Brisbane

Re: WANANO - Nano - 75L

Post by hanzelz »

Lucky fish to live there...

I'd liked it better with sand btw.
Mikeymikemike
Starting to get the hang of this place
Posts: 5
Joined: Fri Oct 30, 2015 7:01 am
Posts Per Page: Perth

Re: WANANO - Nano - 75L

Post by Mikeymikemike »

Very nice tank

Any updates?
WANANO
Veteran Reefer
Posts: 879
Joined: Mon Oct 03, 2005 3:07 am
Posts Per Page: Perth

Re: WANANO - Nano - 75L

Post by WANANO »

Hi All,

Updates as follows:

1. Sand is back in the tank, I agree it looked better with sand
2. Most of the SPS where sold, I have changed job and don't have the time to tinker with the tank as much
3. Fish are all doing well, tank is fairly barron at present
4. sold my GHL dosing pumps and mp10's QD's
5. Return pumps are the only source of flow and will be plenty with the future plans

Going forward, tank will transfer into a full blown bubble tip anemone tank with a large family of baby clowns. Due to time issues I will be keeping it simple but also have something lovely to look at. Might switch to LED's (TBC). Also will look at adding a larger chiller.

Will post pics after I get the new livestock in place (hopefully within the next 2 weeks).


Cheers
Che
Current Tanks:- 75L SPS Nano

Hobby Experience:- Excess 31Years of research - 24 years of solid reef keeping.

Moto:- The solution to pollution is dilution
WANANO
Veteran Reefer
Posts: 879
Joined: Mon Oct 03, 2005 3:07 am
Posts Per Page: Perth

Re: WANANO - Nano - 75L

Post by WANANO »

Hi All,

Updates as follows:

1. Sand is back in the tank, I agree it looked better with sand
2. Most of the SPS where sold, I have changed job and don't have the time to tinker with the tank as much
3. Fish are all doing well, tank is fairly barron at present
4. sold my GHL dosing pumps and mp10's QD's
5. Return pumps are the only source of flow and will be plenty with the future plans

Going forward, tank will transfer into a full blown bubble tip anemone tank with a large family of baby clowns. Due to time issues I will be keeping it simple but also have something lovely to look at. Might switch to LED's (TBC). Also will look at adding a larger chiller.

Will post pics after I get the new livestock in place (hopefully within the next 2 weeks).


Cheers
Current Tanks:- 75L SPS Nano

Hobby Experience:- Excess 31Years of research - 24 years of solid reef keeping.

Moto:- The solution to pollution is dilution
WANANO
Veteran Reefer
Posts: 879
Joined: Mon Oct 03, 2005 3:07 am
Posts Per Page: Perth

Re: WANANO - Nano - 75L

Post by WANANO »

Latest update:

Got my hands on a Kessil Ap700, perfect for this tank. Love the light so far. Shimmer easily rivals Metal Halide

After a few more anemones and maybe be adding a small family of clowns later today.

Anyway just a few pictures:

Image

Image

:cheers:
Current Tanks:- 75L SPS Nano

Hobby Experience:- Excess 31Years of research - 24 years of solid reef keeping.

Moto:- The solution to pollution is dilution
Roy
Centurion Reefer
Posts: 183
Joined: Mon May 15, 2006 5:08 am
Posts Per Page: West Melbourne

Re: WANANO - Nano - 75L

Post by Roy »

Very nice, love the setup and the way it's displayed.
Roy
Emperor_tang
Bicentenary Reefer
Posts: 362
Joined: Thu Sep 27, 2012 8:57 am
Posts Per Page: Perth,wa

Re: WANANO - Nano - 75L

Post by Emperor_tang »

Beautiful, very crisp.
WANANO
Veteran Reefer
Posts: 879
Joined: Mon Oct 03, 2005 3:07 am
Posts Per Page: Perth

Re: WANANO - Nano - 75L

Post by WANANO »

So Yesterday I added a small family of tank raised clowns (27 in total).

All settling in well.

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Thanks for looking

Cheers
Che
Current Tanks:- 75L SPS Nano

Hobby Experience:- Excess 31Years of research - 24 years of solid reef keeping.

Moto:- The solution to pollution is dilution
Post Reply

Return to “Reef Tanks Nano/Pico (Less than 100 Litres)”