James's 34Litre Nano (Beginner)

The purpose of this forum is to allow people to showcase their tanks, and allow other uses to ask questions on equipment, livestock, methodology etc.
Specifically for Nano and Pico Tanks with a Volume less than 100 litres.

Moderators: Moderators, Promotions, Competitions & Sponsorship, Mod: Tank Journals

drewgon
RTAW Reefer
Posts: 73
Joined: Mon May 23, 2011 8:32 am
Posts Per Page: Regional Victoria

Re: James's 34Litre Nano (Beginner)

Post by drewgon »

sabo wrote:Looking good. Not easy in such a small tank!

Yeah I'm already ready for an upgrade. I keep eyeing off the 125ish litre tank at LFS.. Would like to completely automate most things.. And add a chiller.. I am tempted already shocking huh.
MitchD
Bicentenary Reefer
Posts: 388
Joined: Tue May 07, 2013 12:03 am
Posts Per Page: WA

Re: James's 34Litre Nano (Beginner)

Post by MitchD »

Green coral on the right is a fungia, chuck him down on the sand and he'll be a lot happier.
drewgon
RTAW Reefer
Posts: 73
Joined: Mon May 23, 2011 8:32 am
Posts Per Page: Regional Victoria

Re: James's 34Litre Nano (Beginner)

Post by drewgon »

MitchD wrote:Green coral on the right is a fungia, chuck him down on the sand and he'll be a lot happier.

Funny thing I had done this before I posted. What sort is it exactly? I had a minor issue when I was a away for a few days.. And the return pump was blasting half of it.. Hoping it recovers as it lost a tiny bit of it green
drewgon
RTAW Reefer
Posts: 73
Joined: Mon May 23, 2011 8:32 am
Posts Per Page: Regional Victoria

Re: James's 34Litre Nano (Beginner)

Post by drewgon »

Image
Still kicking along.. Goniporia hasn't died yet.. Lol

Got myself some turbo snails also. Due for a water change when I took this photo.. The tree (leather coral?) is huge today.
drewgon
RTAW Reefer
Posts: 73
Joined: Mon May 23, 2011 8:32 am
Posts Per Page: Regional Victoria

Re: James's 34Litre Nano (Beginner)

Post by drewgon »

Image
Oh also got myself a nice little hammer who is living happily next to my torch.
drewgon
RTAW Reefer
Posts: 73
Joined: Mon May 23, 2011 8:32 am
Posts Per Page: Regional Victoria

Re: James's 34Litre Nano (Beginner)

Post by drewgon »

This hobby, never stops amazing me.

When I first walked into a shop and seen a Nano he had a baby white starfish looking thing on the glass..I remember thinking It'd be cool if one of them came out of my rocks. Well, it never happened.

Until today! approx 3 months the tank has been up n running. Just sitting on the couch before and i was like [censored] is that moving on the glass. There it was..Little white starfish looking thing cruising around. What are these exactly?

On a sad note: my Gonaporia did end up dieing my clown fish abused the hell out of it. Everything else in the tank is still cruising along, Green hair algae has been mostly taken care of thanks to the turbo snails.
I removed the piece of live rock on the left as i couldn't place it very well(after leaving it out in the sun for a week I picked it up to find 3 dead crabs on it, once again amazing), and i wanted some sand space for my bubble, he was constantly being knocked over by the Snail and making cleaning the glass more difficult. Also I am now having some coraline algae growth, even on the glass.

Will take some photos sometime and upload. Thinking about setting up a pico in my office @ work..I work in a school would really intrigue the kids.
drewgon
RTAW Reefer
Posts: 73
Joined: Mon May 23, 2011 8:32 am
Posts Per Page: Regional Victoria

Re: James's 34Litre Nano (Beginner)

Post by drewgon »

Pretty amazing to look back over the posts of my own to see the tank slowly developing.

Anyhow here's a photo tank is due for a clean / water change later today. Green hair algae is a lot further under control now!

Image
kodez
Bicentenary Reefer
Posts: 469
Joined: Thu Aug 08, 2013 6:27 pm
Posts Per Page: Perth

Re: James's 34Litre Nano (Beginner)

Post by kodez »

Starfish just dwarves everyone lol.
drewgon
RTAW Reefer
Posts: 73
Joined: Mon May 23, 2011 8:32 am
Posts Per Page: Regional Victoria

Re: James's 34Litre Nano (Beginner)

Post by drewgon »

Yeah he does :S
I had this turn up on my glass today.. I think it may be a flat worm?
Image
Post Reply

Return to “Reef Tanks Nano/Pico (Less than 100 Litres)”