Aquaforest SPS Pico Work Tank (12 litres)

The purpose of this forum is to allow people to showcase their tanks, and allow other uses to ask questions on equipment, livestock, methodology etc.
Specifically for Nano and Pico Tanks with a Volume less than 100 litres.

Moderators: Moderators, Promotions, Competitions & Sponsorship, Mod: Tank Journals

wayne2.0
Veteran Reefer
Posts: 654
Joined: Sat Jul 05, 2014 12:27 pm
Posts Per Page: Redland Bay

Re: New Pico Work Tank - 12 litres

Post by wayne2.0 »

Kickass pint-sized tank :)
Callumkscott
Lurking Reefer
Posts: 18
Joined: Sun May 22, 2016 9:52 pm
Posts Per Page: Sunshine Coast

Re: New Pico Work Tank - 12 litres

Post by Callumkscott »

Tank looks good and I enjoyed reading the thread. Thanks
Remember there's More than one way to skin a cat
Mr Miagi
Old Sea Dog Reefer
Posts: 4468
Joined: Thu Jun 30, 2005 6:29 am
Posts Per Page: Adelaide, SA

Re: New Pico Work Tank - 12 litres

Post by Mr Miagi »

Awesome dude! Love a good pocci!
--Cheers, Benny
Emperor_tang
Bicentenary Reefer
Posts: 362
Joined: Thu Sep 27, 2012 8:57 am
Posts Per Page: Perth,wa

Re: New Pico Work Tank - 12 litres

Post by Emperor_tang »

Wow! Tank is coming along very nicely, loving it! Any new updates?
Wakareefer
Centurion Reefer
Posts: 108
Joined: Wed Oct 03, 2012 8:27 am
Posts Per Page: Adelaide

Re: New Pico Work Tank - 12 litres

Post by Wakareefer »

One more question mate, since your not surface skimming what do you do about the scum/oils accumulation
On the surface?
chrismelb
Veteran Reefer
Posts: 647
Joined: Thu May 25, 2006 10:26 am
Posts Per Page: Melbourne

Re: New Pico Work Tank - 12 litres

Post by chrismelb »

Emperor_tang wrote:Wow! Tank is coming along very nicely, loving it! Any new updates?


Will get some new pics up shortly :thumbsup:

Wakareefer wrote:One more question mate, since your not surface skimming what do you do about the scum/oils accumulation
On the surface?


Good question, I don't have anything in place to remove surface films. Only occasionally do I see a film but this tends to clear after a few days, could be tied to water changes. I was thinking of using a Tunze 9001 skimmer as they surface skim but as its not been an issue i've not bothered. I'm enjoying the simplicity of this tank.
chrismelb
Veteran Reefer
Posts: 647
Joined: Thu May 25, 2006 10:26 am
Posts Per Page: Melbourne

Re: Aquaforest - SPS Pico Work Tank (12 litre)

Post by chrismelb »

Bit of an update here:

Tank has a been a bit neglected last few weeks and I have missed a couple of water changes.

Unfortunately, the new yellow tail damsel also passed away from aggression from other damsel - these guys can be quite aggressive!

To more positive news, I am really excited to see Aquaforest products here in AU http://aquaforest.eu/en/. I've heard really good reviews about their range. I am now switching salt from RedSea Coral Pro to AF Reef Salt. My impressions so far on the salt are great, it mixes clear in 15mins as stated and coral polyp extension is noticeably greater for days after water change.

I will also start to test Alk consumption and if a drop is detected between water changes I will dose the AF balling: Calcium, Magenesium, KH Buffer, and Reef Mineral Salt. After four weeks I'll report any change and introduce Component Strong. I want to start slowly to determine what is causing change.

More to follow shortly :)

Image
UnderCoverBrother
Curious Reefer
Posts: 30
Joined: Thu Jan 17, 2013 10:16 pm
Posts Per Page: Sydney

Re: Aquaforest SPS Pico Work Tank (12 litres)

Post by UnderCoverBrother »

Bravo - great thread, its unfortunate the acyrilic let go :(
Combatants
Bicentenary Reefer
Posts: 213
Joined: Mon Jan 04, 2010 11:07 am
Posts Per Page: Warrnambool, Vic

Re: Aquaforest SPS Pico Work Tank (12 litres)

Post by Combatants »

Any updates on the Aquaforest?
chrismelb
Veteran Reefer
Posts: 647
Joined: Thu May 25, 2006 10:26 am
Posts Per Page: Melbourne

Re: Aquaforest SPS Pico Work Tank (12 litres)

Post by chrismelb »

No new update, sorry. As you know this tank lived on my work desk. I've since changed jobs and as a newbie, didn't feel confident setting up a tank on my desk. I've now been at this new place a year, and it is simply too busy to even look at a tank at work. The tank in this journal was packed up. But I am in the process of starting another at home, as I love the nano tanks :).

Stay tuned for the new journal :).
Post Reply

Return to “Reef Tanks Nano/Pico (Less than 100 Litres)”