Review on the service and products from Guppy's online
Moderator: Moderators
-
Trilogy
- Starting to get the hang of this place
- Posts: 8
- Joined: Fri Mar 28, 2003 12:15 pm
- Posts Per Page: Jervis Bay
Re: Review on the service and products from Guppy's online
Ive bought heaps of stuff from Guppies and their service when you are buying stuff is great but when you want to return stuff thats faulty, well good luck with that. No contact details on the web site so you have to use the contact page where you are just ignored even after several attempts. Of the dozen of order I received there was NEVER a tax invoice included so no contact info there either. Dont buy any thing that is likely to fail
-
Andries
- RTAW Veteran Reefer
- Posts: 1608
- Joined: Mon Aug 14, 2006 12:04 pm
- Posts Per Page: Gold Coast
- Contact:
Re: Review on the service and products from Guppy's online
We do warranty claims weekly. You need to send the product back to us, if it is an expensive item we send it to the factory for evaluation.
The problem we have is you think a product comes with an unconditional warranty, if you run a pump without water for a night it will overheat and die, that is not a warranty. If you drop your light into our aquarium and short it out then it is not a warranty.
If you decide you want to re-plumb your RO unit and you get it wrong you can not send it back because it does not work any more. If you are the idiot then you have to take responsibility. We have probably replaced 150 RLSS pumps when they had a problem, we have no problem replacing or repairing a broken product if you have the proof of purchase, send it back to us and last but least it also depends on your attitude when you make 1st contact. If you are a real prick, guess what you are going to wait a bit longer than normal.
The problem we have is you think a product comes with an unconditional warranty, if you run a pump without water for a night it will overheat and die, that is not a warranty. If you drop your light into our aquarium and short it out then it is not a warranty.
If you decide you want to re-plumb your RO unit and you get it wrong you can not send it back because it does not work any more. If you are the idiot then you have to take responsibility. We have probably replaced 150 RLSS pumps when they had a problem, we have no problem replacing or repairing a broken product if you have the proof of purchase, send it back to us and last but least it also depends on your attitude when you make 1st contact. If you are a real prick, guess what you are going to wait a bit longer than normal.
-
Andries
- RTAW Veteran Reefer
- Posts: 1608
- Joined: Mon Aug 14, 2006 12:04 pm
- Posts Per Page: Gold Coast
- Contact:
Re: Review on the service and products from Guppy's online
We do warranty claims weekly. You need to send the product back to us, if it is an expensive item we send it to the factory for evaluation.
The problem we have is you think a product comes with an unconditional warranty, if you run a pump without water for a night it will overheat and die, that is not a warranty. If you drop your light into our aquarium and short it out then it is not a warranty.
If you decide you want to re-plumb your RO unit and you get it wrong you can not send it back because it does not work any more. If you are the idiot then you have to take responsibility. We have probably replaced 150 RLSS pumps when they had a problem, we have no problem replacing or repairing a broken product if you have the proof of purchase, send it back to us and last but least it also depends on your attitude when you make 1st contact. If you are a real prick, guess what you are going to wait a bit longer than normal.
The problem we have is you think a product comes with an unconditional warranty, if you run a pump without water for a night it will overheat and die, that is not a warranty. If you drop your light into our aquarium and short it out then it is not a warranty.
If you decide you want to re-plumb your RO unit and you get it wrong you can not send it back because it does not work any more. If you are the idiot then you have to take responsibility. We have probably replaced 150 RLSS pumps when they had a problem, we have no problem replacing or repairing a broken product if you have the proof of purchase, send it back to us and last but least it also depends on your attitude when you make 1st contact. If you are a real prick, guess what you are going to wait a bit longer than normal.
-
jayellul
- Old Sea Dog Reefer
- Posts: 2471
- Joined: Wed May 23, 2012 10:26 am
- Posts Per Page: Lake Macquarie
Re: Review on the service and products from Guppy's online
Trilogy wrote:Ive bought heaps of stuff from Guppies and their service when you are buying stuff is great but when you want to return stuff thats faulty, well good luck with that. No contact details on the web site so you have to use the contact page where you are just ignored even after several attempts. Of the dozen of order I received there was NEVER a tax invoice included so no contact info there either. Dont buy any thing that is likely to fail
This pretty much sums it up. I still purchase from guppys but only for consumables :-)
Sent via Tapatalk
-
pyroay
- Bicentenary Reefer
- Posts: 407
- Joined: Mon Jan 21, 2013 10:47 pm
- Posts Per Page: Traralgon
Re: Review on the service and products from Guppy's online
I have purchased a number of products over a 18mnth period and always had good service and support. The freight costs are definately no the cheapest around, especially if only looking to buy 1-2 items but for any reasonable sized order (over say $150) its no issue.
Support has been there also when questions needed and i had an issue with a small skimmer a while back, very well handled.
Support has been there also when questions needed and i had an issue with a small skimmer a while back, very well handled.
10x4 Mixed Reef
10x4 Predator Tank - Back up and running.
Sustainable reefing with 100% of power consumption offset by Solar
10x4 Predator Tank - Back up and running.
Sustainable reefing with 100% of power consumption offset by Solar
-
jayellul
- Old Sea Dog Reefer
- Posts: 2471
- Joined: Wed May 23, 2012 10:26 am
- Posts Per Page: Lake Macquarie
-
Doomant
- Bicentenary Reefer
- Posts: 410
- Joined: Wed Aug 24, 2011 10:56 am
- Posts Per Page: Townsville QLD
Re: Review on the service and products from Guppy's online
Never had a Issue with Guppies, I have found his after sales extremely good. To the extent I received info back within 5 minutes on a Sunday night after 10pm! Don't get that many other places!
The only thing that limits what I buy is the choice of postage.
The only thing that limits what I buy is the choice of postage.
Anthony.
My RSM130 (Closed Down)
My Money Pitt
[URL=http://www.aquaticlog.com/showcase/dashboard?aquariumId=467]
My RSM130 (Closed Down)
My Money Pitt
[URL=http://www.aquaticlog.com/showcase/dashboard?aquariumId=467]
-
bkpatterson
- Hi, I am new around here!
- Posts: 2
- Joined: Tue Dec 02, 2014 7:03 am
- Posts Per Page: Melbourne, Australia
Re: Review on the service and products from Guppy's online
In the past I have purchased many things from Guppy's Online Aquarium Supplies and have never had any problems until about a couple of weeks ago.
I purchased a couple of items on his website and a few days later one of those items arrived. Initially I first thought ok maybe the 2 item was sent separately so I waited a couple more days but my 2nd still had not arrived. I therefore sent an email to the support@guppysaquariumproducts.com.au E-mail and that night I received an E-mail back from Andries stating the 2nd second product had not been sent because the only item left of the shelf had been damaged and therefore could not be sent. He went on to state that a refund had been arranged and that he sent me a message via paypal which I found strange because I paid directly with a credit card not via PayPal.
I thought fair enough though so I purchased the same product from another company and then waited a few more days for the refund to appear in my account. After waiting for about 1 week with no refund coming through I E-mailed Andries again asking when I could expect to see the refund and since this time I have never heard anything back. Just today I have given the matter 1 last ditch effort and I have E-mailed him at avk@bigpond.net.au and have also messaged him on Facebook.
I will wait a couple of days and see what response I get.
I purchased a couple of items on his website and a few days later one of those items arrived. Initially I first thought ok maybe the 2 item was sent separately so I waited a couple more days but my 2nd still had not arrived. I therefore sent an email to the support@guppysaquariumproducts.com.au E-mail and that night I received an E-mail back from Andries stating the 2nd second product had not been sent because the only item left of the shelf had been damaged and therefore could not be sent. He went on to state that a refund had been arranged and that he sent me a message via paypal which I found strange because I paid directly with a credit card not via PayPal.
I thought fair enough though so I purchased the same product from another company and then waited a few more days for the refund to appear in my account. After waiting for about 1 week with no refund coming through I E-mailed Andries again asking when I could expect to see the refund and since this time I have never heard anything back. Just today I have given the matter 1 last ditch effort and I have E-mailed him at avk@bigpond.net.au and have also messaged him on Facebook.
I will wait a couple of days and see what response I get.
-
Andries
- RTAW Veteran Reefer
- Posts: 1608
- Joined: Mon Aug 14, 2006 12:04 pm
- Posts Per Page: Gold Coast
- Contact:
Re: Review on the service and products from Guppy's online
bkpatterson wrote:In the past I have purchased many things from Guppy's Online Aquarium Supplies and have never had any problems until about a couple of weeks ago.
I purchased a couple of items on his website and a few days later one of those items arrived. Initially I first thought ok maybe the 2 item was sent separately so I waited a couple more days but my 2nd still had not arrived. I therefore sent an email to the support@guppysaquariumproducts.com.au E-mail and that night I received an E-mail back from Andries stating the 2nd second product had not been sent because the only item left of the shelf had been damaged and therefore could not be sent. He went on to state that a refund had been arranged and that he sent me a message via paypal which I found strange because I paid directly with a credit card not via PayPal.
I thought fair enough though so I purchased the same product from another company and then waited a few more days for the refund to appear in my account. After waiting for about 1 week with no refund coming through I E-mailed Andries again asking when I could expect to see the refund and since this time I have never heard anything back. Just today I have given the matter 1 last ditch effort and I have E-mailed him at avk@bigpond.net.au and have also messaged him on Facebook.
I will wait a couple of days and see what response I get.
Look in your c/card. The refund will go back into the same card you used to pay for the goods, depending on your bank it can take a few weeks for them to credit your card.
-
bkpatterson
- Hi, I am new around here!
- Posts: 2
- Joined: Tue Dec 02, 2014 7:03 am
- Posts Per Page: Melbourne, Australia
Re: Review on the service and products from Guppy's online
Thanks Andries,
If you say the refund has been completed I'll take your word on that, but I can definitely say the refund hasn't gone back onto the card because I've been scanning it like a hawkfish, only debits no credits:/ Either way I will contact my bank and see if they can shed any light. I must admit I've never heard of refunds taking 2 weeks to hit the account but as I said if you say the refund has been completed from your end I will contact my bank and hassle them. Also sorry if I sent you a few E-mails recently but all I wanted was confirmation that the refund had been completed. Time to call the bank.
Thanks Andries.
As for anyone else reading this and considering purchasing from Guppy's as mentioned I've had no problems over the years until now but maybe this is NAB's Fault.
If you say the refund has been completed I'll take your word on that, but I can definitely say the refund hasn't gone back onto the card because I've been scanning it like a hawkfish, only debits no credits:/ Either way I will contact my bank and see if they can shed any light. I must admit I've never heard of refunds taking 2 weeks to hit the account but as I said if you say the refund has been completed from your end I will contact my bank and hassle them. Also sorry if I sent you a few E-mails recently but all I wanted was confirmation that the refund had been completed. Time to call the bank.
Thanks Andries.
As for anyone else reading this and considering purchasing from Guppy's as mentioned I've had no problems over the years until now but maybe this is NAB's Fault.